Ford Lightning Cancellation

rude kim kardashian GIF by RealityTVGIFs

2 Likes

Good luck to ya! Seems like California is rarely, if ever a good place to find a deal on anything. Let alone a car or truck. I think I smoothly got unexpectedly passed over for this freakin pick up. Something about the trim level I picked wasn’t the one Ford was making! Not happy about that, “if it’s true.” But good luck on that hunt.

Finding an XLT is definitely harder than credit score. It was all luck though. Someone at my local dealer couldn’t take delivery, they called 20 ppl, I happen to be off so got to the dealership quick. I am surprised about their willingness to negotiate. Also, @TheBigTuna is spot on about his credit recommendations. It’s easy but takes time.

About trim levels… from what I’ve read on the forums, Ford has an allocation per model year for each one, Pro, XLT, Lariat and Platinum. The Pros go mainly to work/fleet orders so there are usually not that many available for consumers. So then everyone chooses the next least expensive, XLT and that just keeps bubbling up.

I’m one of the stupid people who is waiting for a CyberTruck… and so I never made a Lightning reservation… and now you can’t even make one because all the 2022s are converting to 2023s and they probably won’t re-open reservations until 2024 or 2025 models… which by then, Ford is planning on an all-new EV truck platform (Ford reportedly is working on a mystery electric truck that’s not an F-150 Lightning - The Verge).

I find it interesting that they were able to churn out a truck EV so quickly but haven’t done an Explorer-sized EV yet.

Yeah, I didn’t do any investigation when I reserved, almost a year ago! Now I was told by someone at the dealer (if I understood correctly), that Ford had a certain number for each trim level. So according to the trim level I stated on my reservation, that had a determining factor on when I was up to order. When I reserved, I assumed I’m ordering a new truck and I’d order what I want at that time! I put XLT, middle of the road on the reservation. I wonder what happens if my number comes up (at XLT time) and I really want to order a Lariat? Back of the line again? I assumed, we’d be pulled in order of reservation. I don’t think that’s entirely accurate. I’m also on the reserve list for the Silverado. If they come up first, adios!!

Called the a bunch of dealers nationwide, there are demo units, they won’t sell. Any available are way over msrp.

I did a reservation Nov 21’ for an xlt and haven’t been notified to build yet. I did ask the manager if I retain my spot even though I bought this truck and he said yes. Ford is obviously allocating more Lariant/platinums to maximize profits while they’re capacity constrained. I think the xlt is a tremendous value and only thing I miss is leather. However, if the extended range is a must for you I could understand the decision to go for upper level trim.

I’m sure they would love to have an Explorer EV but it would just be another vehicle they don’t have the capacity to meet demands. There was a used mach e on the lot. It had 12k miles and they wanted 12k over new msrp.

The Katzkin leather kit for the XLT is a nice upgrade. Some think it’s nicer then the OEM leather.

The talk on the forums is that dealers are actually getting allocations they can bring direct to retail. A few people have been able to locate these units in-transit to their dealer (not cancellations)

Here is an example:
https://www.depaulaford.com/inventory/new-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-lariat-4x4-supercrew®-1ftvw1el5nwg14768/

5 Likes

It blows away my expectations. It’s a rocket with some ppl reporting 3.8 second 0-60 times. The handling/cabin noise both are great for a truck. I have no plans of towing or off-road stuff so can’t comment on that. Time will tell on real world range and I’m curious about cold weather performance as I live in NY. I have a hemi Durango so it will never be a family road trip vehicle so for me it’s not a big issue.

1 Like

Awesome feedback thank you so much for sharing!

You have me sold.

@Bostoncarconcierge you must have a Leno sized garage for all the toys you get :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish! Most just pay a quick visit. Come visit for a beer and a cigar anytime!

5 Likes

That’s really gorgeous

I’m a little underwhelmed by the look of the Lariat interior from photos. Have only seen a Platinum up close.

Here’s the Lariat

I also find it odd that Ford calls this black

1 Like

Looks dope!

Did you install yourself or the store did? Also do you take off existing covers or this is a add-on cover?

I’m hunting for one for my dad. Equity in the V60cc as we are 14k under miles.

If he doesn’t like it, the luxury of choice is an illusion.

To clarify, it’s not a picture of my Lightning, just a picture from the Lightning forum. I own a Lariat with the grey and black interior shown. It’s very underwhelming and the quality is just average.

Also my running boards have started to delaminate already,

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: F-150 Lightning… Reservation & Ordering Discussion

actually can’t think of a worse full size truck interior sans the Titan.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because I got the poor man’s XLT but I prefer the 12” screen with climate/radio controls. These monster screens being put in vehicles don’t do it for me.

Ford’s actual tan interior is the last light colored interior I’ll ever have, ever-ever. Making the sides dark and the surfaces light is 0 practical imo, but what do I know?

2 Likes