Ford Lightning Cancellation

Just got a call from a dealer saying someone backed out of their Ford Lightning. It’s getting delivered today. All I know is it’s got a msrp of $69k. I wasn’t planning on buying but I’m thinking I can’t get hurt on this even if I keep for a year then dump. It’s eligible for $7500 tax credit and it’s a 2022 so not hit by the price increases Ford announced I believe. Thoughts?

5 Likes

Let me know if you pass :sunglasses: I’ll take it.

3 Likes

Are you being offered MSRP? The price might be why the person who ordered it backed out.

1 Like

This story doesn’t add up.

4 Likes

It was a receptionist that called. She had literally no info on truck besides msrp. A sales manager is supposed to call me back with more details. I’ll let you know what he says.

1 Like

Thanks Thank You GIF by Njorg

30 Likes

yeah, you me and 3000 others :smiley:

Add me to second spot on the list lol

2 Likes

Now i’m invested. I wanna know just how big the blessing is on this.

1 Like

Odds are it will be blessed… no on-lot EV that was an order cancellation usually goes for MSRP.

At my local Ford dealer, the manager is driving around a Lightning and when it hits 5k miles, they will sell it… with a $20k blessing.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

7 Likes

It’s eligible for $7500 tax credit ? It is? Where?

I could be wrong. What disqualifies it?

Through the end of 2022 at least

No you’re right as long as your income is under the new requirements you’d get it. So 125k single, 250k combined.

The new income requirements don’t go into effect until Jan 1, so they have no bearing here. When they do, it’s $150k single, $300k married.

At that point, only some lightnings have the potential to qualify, as many will be over the MSRP limit. It’s TBD if any of the ones that meet the MSRP limit will qualify though, as the battery sourcing and assembly requirements will be tough for most vehicles to meet.

None of that has any relevancy to an inventory unit currently available though.

5 Likes

I like em BIG

3 Likes

He will call asking for 20k over msrp and $10k mandatory add ons!! Because he knows what he has!!

10k over sticker

2 Likes

Oh that’s not too bad

Basically base xlt with spray bed liner. Sticker is $55k. They want $65k

So the receptionist was wrong?

Lol.

2 Likes