Ford Lightning Cancellation

For $10K over I would do it.

Waiting for a MY23, you will see most of that ADM turn into MSRP increase.

They are selling in the mid 70s.

2 Likes

Not bad depending on which state you are in.

Assuming you still get the 7,500 & (possible state benefits) especially accounting for the upcoming price increases. If not for these items, then it would be a hard pass.

And that 10k could just be a negotiation point. Counter with 5k and maybe meet in the middle and offer to drive down today.

The 2023 is 7k more msrp for same truck. I think getting the lower msrp of a 2022 added to the $7.5k tax credit helps offset the 10k market adjustment.

I put a deposit down and will go to dealership in the morning to discuss details . My plan is to keep it 1-2 years and trade it in. I wish the color was better, iced blue silver. :-1:

7 Likes

If it were me and I had decided to buy it, I’d drive down immediately and buy it. I wouldn’t trust a dealer to hold a cancelled order, even with a deposit

Just my opinion.

8 Likes

Let’s see some photos of your new Ford Lightning :zap::zap::zap:

1 Like

This man knows.

23 Likes

Hell yeah!!! Love it enjoy in good health and happiness.

I do see about the color, it’s giving me Hasidic family’s Toyota Sienna in South Williamsburg.

2 Likes

lived there for 5 years and I agree… just missing being parked bumper to bumper and having 18 people getting out of it.

2 Likes

The color is fine and an XLT trim is hard to find (although not as hard as a Pro). If you can negotiate that $10k down, it’s a no brainer.

Good luck.

Terrible color and deal! You deserve better. What’s the finance guy’s number?

14 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

This man is about to pull up to the dealer like Stone Cold Steve Austin in the 90’s. Watch out now!

2 Likes

… and start flipping cars!

1 Like

I negotiated to $6500 over msrp so $61864. They gave me a nice number on a trade in. Looks like we’re gonna have a deal.

36 Likes

Congrats! Nice buy.

1 Like

The truck made it home today. Thank you to all those who gave meaningful advice. Also, special thanks to all the priests, pastors, rabbis that gave me their “blessings”. I am super blessed to have this truck in my driveway when 3 days ago it wasn’t even a thought. Below are some numbers if it helps anyone. Final price was $6,500 over msrp. The $500 rebate is from NY EV credit and the $7500 federal credit will come when I do taxes for 2022. Financed over 60 months at 3.5%. No add ons and they bumped trade to 8k when kbb was $6k. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

14 Likes

Honestly, you did fine. It doesn’t sound like you’re going to let it go anytime soon, but it’s always nice to know you’re not upside down on something you had to pay an ADM on. These trucks are super hot for a reason.

1 Like

Did they change the trade in to $8000? That paperwork shows $7000.