For Sale OR Lease transfer: 2018 AUDI R8 V10 PLUS- $1,374/month, $15k DAS OR FOR SALE- $166K

Thanks for the math- money factor (interest) over time does nobody favors. $193 total cost for a car MSRP of $201 isn’t that bad considering the impact of interest over time. Regardless I see your point; I just don’t think anyone is gonna get a lease and after the term is done come out paying less (if they buy it at end of contract) for less than the MSRP of the car. Depends on residual and money factor but that outcome is less likely than usual.

First off, you started with 30k down, no negotiation!!!

Second, yes if an Audi dealer showed me a used R8 demo with 3k miles at 201k MSRP sticker and wanted to charge me 3k a month (selling price 191k) for only 400 miles a month, I would definitely laugh at him. TIA and good luck…

1 Like

Are you negotiable on the DAS? Did you try posting on the R8 forum?

First- i realized $30K was a tough pill to swallow so I lowered it to half and figured to just take that loss

Second: $15K down spread over the 18 payments is $833 plus the $1374 puts you at $2,200/month. Would you rather do $2200/month, $0 down- still a sticker of $201K and residual is $140

1 Like

I agree - as you tweak that DAS, we get into a good deal territory. This will work out with some patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

He originally said it was job loss. It happens.

Thanks for the follow up question Yinzer: I am relatively firm on the $15K down. When the deal is said and done: it’s like $2,200/month with $0 down and the residual or option to buy the car is at $140K.

I know I’ll have a few job offers coming in soon…so I’m.m not confident I’ll keep this up to long. Not desperate, just trying to be rational given my circumstance.

1 Like

ANSWER: TO DRIVE A MORE EXPENSIVE CAR THEY CAN’T AFFORD AT A CHEAPER PRICE.

Um, you’re on the wrong forum if you think that’s the answer.

4 Likes

Perhaps utilizing the words “they cannot afford” is wrong. The whole premise of a lease though is to get a nicer ( more expensive car) for a lower payment than it would be to finance. That’s just a fact.

At $1,374/month you can’t go into any Audi in the county and get this car payment with $15K down. (Also a fact)

I know where I am John! Thanks!

1 Like

People lease for many reasons. Some lease to avoid repair expenses. So, that’s not a fact.

2 Likes

Perhaps utilizing the words “they cannot afford” is wrong.

That’s exactly it. I never criticized the deal you’re offering. You’re too riled up trying to fight strangers on the internet for things they never said.

Deal might be good but putting a fiesty character on display will not help you move your car. Good luck with the transfer!

3 Likes

Not trying to pile on, but you’re comparing your car to a new one at a dealer. It isn’t. So the price at a dealer on a zero-mile specimen isn’t terribly relevant.

Seems a fair deal now with the reduced DAS.

Best of luck with the transfer and everything else.

:bat:

1 Like

“Feisty”?! John- I’m not looking for a date man. This is a simple post for anyone who wants this deal. If not, than cool; but I’m getting a lot of chatter from people who don’t really add value or constructive feedback to the conversation.

Point taken though- ignore the keyboard warriors! Thanks!

Great point- I’ll edit this to " OR FOR SALE: $166K"

Thanks and again, good point!

1 Like

Just to be clear, the $166k would cover the payoff for the existing lease and anything else owed (also assuming no transfer fee required at that point)? If so, that makes a lot of sense for potential buyers to go that route if the lease-end buyout price is below market anyway. And an added benefit is that you’re no longer bearing any liability for the lease if AFS doesn’t fully take you off the lease.

1 Like

Yes, you’re you are 100% correct in all assumptions!

1 Like

Trust me people who want to buy this car aren’t looking to assume a used car lease, Put $15k down, ride it out for over a year THEN buy it.

3 Likes

Maybe…maybe not. You’re absolutely right if I don’t try though. That’s also why I just have the complete buy out price at this point.

Does that buyout apply to a third party or only to you?

You took a hell of a roasting and kept coming back for more and have handled it constructively by tempering your expectations. GLWS!

2 Likes

Thanks! The $166,000 is the cost to finish paying off Audi FS along with my recovery for the money I sunk into it.

Overall and IMO $166K for a fully loaded 2018 with 2,983 miles is probably in the “good” to “excellent” range