[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

@xmonger I didn’t get a quote on insurance, instead just had my agent add it to my policy (I will be happy to check and report back). Can these leases be transferred? I will answer it this way as a NJ resident- you get the $4k “no questions asked” less showing a NJ DL, however- the “fine print” on the policy is that you cannot transfer the lease.

2 Likes

@coolmann timeline in terms of? Ordering? Mine was ready to take delivery like after (2) days of ordering it (it is the Base RWD). Or timeline in terms of receiving the rebates? Not sure as I just took delivery tonight/applied for the rebates this week.

@xmonger buy it outright like paid in full? Go for it/I don’t see why not. If you plan on financing it- I’m not sure what the interest rates are through Tesla nor banks right now. The interest rate on a lease was sub-2%, so that combined with a high residual made this an excellent deal.

4 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy the ride and thx for all the info and bringing us along on your journey! Hopefully we will get some deals like this out in Cali soon.

Let us know how you like it after a a couple weeks…

Yes, I meant in terms of ordering and picking up the car. Mine says it will be delivered between March 13 - March 22 (base rwd but in Blue). I already sold the car the Tesla will be replacing, so I was curious to get an idea of how long we will be with one car.

Also, I’m reading mixed reviews on the JuiceBox. It would be interesting to see what your experience is after a couple of weeks…

Thank you and congrats, enjoy your new toy!

Looks like that $4250 covered your first month payment so only 35 months at $404. So $399/mo effective. Congrats on the car!

3 Likes

Yes I stand corrected! Thx for pointing that out.

What’s the lease for so cal?

1 Like

Literally go to teslas website and build one and see. Takes 2 minutes.

4 Likes

Thank you for all the detailed information!

I see that you got the $4,000 discount, which brought your total due on delivery, down to $0.

“Applied for the rebates this week”.

Does this discount/rebate require an application or is there an additional rebate that you can apply for?

Thanks in advance.

For this NJ EV car incentive, there is nothing the consumer has to apply for. You just need to be a NJ resident (DL is your proof), and (in this case) Tesla fills out whatever info the State of NJ requires. I used the $4k + my $250.00 order deposit fee to cover the acquisition cost + first months’s lease, and the balance to reduce my monthly payment.

Appreciate it! It is for my wife, however - get a sense she may stick with her SUV, and I will end up driving it! First impressions- I am blown away by it! And will point out that I haven’t been a “Tesla Fan” so my expectations were low/got it b/c I couldn’t pass up on such a “bargain” (so to say) right now in NJ.

1 Like

Thank you @Strz.

It is 100% possible to not curb the wheels on any car if you know how to drive.

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Home charger recommendations, suggestions?

You forgot another unique element of owning an EV in NJ

• No sales tax on EVs, regardless of price

can the lease really not be transferred I ordered one but was planning on transferring if i didn’t like the car

Cant transfer or cant purchase/sell? Is that an NJ tax/incentivr specific restriction? Historically tesla has allowed lease transfers.

I didn’t add anything to the Base car, as it needed to stay under $45k, in order to qualify for the NJ EV car incentive.

1 Like

Seems the destination charge doesn’t count.

I still get the 4k on a Gray color.

2 Likes