[FOR MOST STATES] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $5600 DAS $399mo

The gouges are pretty severe…google some images :triumph:

Anything put between the rim and the clip might promote the cover flying off when in use I would guess.

2 Likes

The OE aero covers stop short of the rim edge, they provide no curb rash protection.

1 Like

Google “tesla curb rash protector” and youll see some add on strips are available but not super cheap.

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

1 Like

Thank you both, this is very helpful. I already ordered those seals by the way.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: [FOR NJ] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $1600 DA S $356mo

Haha, I wish!
– prospective end of March Model 3 buyer

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: I sort of like the base spec covered wheels! I like the Performance wheels better, of course, but in Michigan they are too brutal for a daily driver and every Performance I’ve seen here has really banged wheels for potholes and curbing.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [FOR NJ] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $1600 DAS $356mo

That’s why I’m hesitant to lease a Tesla. A lot can change in 36 months and I’m very likely to become bored if nothing else. Yet there’s no economical way to get out of these Tesla leases early, right?

You can transfer it on Swap A Lease to another person.

1 Like

If people are concerned about curb damage, you can get 18" turbine covers that look like the 20" performance wheels that cover past the rim edge and will protect from some damage. It goes up to the tire bottom edge.

1 Like

Yeah, I was also concerned about the range loss. However, there was a test done and it was not that bad. The major loss is at higher speeds. At 90mph, you will get the highest difference in range. Like around ~5-8%. Under 70, and especially closer to city driving, it’s really negligible. The covers are for aerodynamics. The slower you go, the less aero matters.

I went with the same covers but got them off amazon for half the price as OEM. Which is the same one. Tesla does not make those.

1 Like

You should look it up. Tesla is definitely passing on the $7500 to the customer as a reduction in cost, but only on a lease. If it was a purchase, the buyer will do it at tax time.

Look it up

Can you produce an example of a tesla lease contract that lists a $7500 incentive as a cap cost reduction?

3 Likes

Lol easy now, bless his soul, doesn’t know what cap cost is.

Yes, I went OEM because I wanted the factory mats so I just ordered these at the same time :slight_smile: I also had a preference for the gray Tesla logo on the center cap (and I wasn’t able to find that outside of OEM at the time).

i can't goodbye GIF

Unless we have a Tesla insider here, we will never know what their thought process was. They definitely changed the lease program around the time of some of these federal EV announcements, but I think it’s impossible for us to try and reverse engineer how much of that 7500 the customer gets to recapture via changes in MSRP and RV/MF manipulations. It would be fun to speculate though.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [FOR NJ] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $1600 DAS $356mo