[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

It is 100% possible to not curb the wheels on any car if you know how to drive.

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Home charger recommendations, suggestions?

You forgot another unique element of owning an EV in NJ

• No sales tax on EVs, regardless of price

can the lease really not be transferred I ordered one but was planning on transferring if i didn’t like the car

Cant transfer or cant purchase/sell? Is that an NJ tax/incentivr specific restriction? Historically tesla has allowed lease transfers.

I didn’t add anything to the Base car, as it needed to stay under $45k, in order to qualify for the NJ EV car incentive.

1 Like

Seems the destination charge doesn’t count.

I still get the 4k on a Gray color.

2 Likes

Good to know- I show “destination and regulatory doc fee” for $1,390 and $43,490 for the price of the car. Adding I was fortunate that they come in white for alno additional cost as that was my #1 in terms of exterior color. Silver would have been my second choice, the other 3 (blue + red + black) are hard “no’s” for me.

1 Like

Correct: MSRP cap is defined as MSRP including all options that would affect the current/future value of the car.

Destination and doc are not counted for this purpose.

2 Likes

my friend just did a lease transfer must be a nj specific restriction. do you mind showing in the contract where it says no transfers?

You can transfer a Tesla lease once.

In NJ, if you accepted the ChargeUp rebate and did not keep the vehicle for 36months, you will be liable to return a pro-rated component of the rebate you received. This seems to be an honor system method of reporting and it’s often abused.

3 Likes

Can you transfer to a dealership or private party only?

Private party . They no longer do third party buyouts on leases.

1 Like

On a M3 they don’t do first party buyouts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea figured that was obvious by now. The third party rule was implemented in 2021.

For the people that have taken recent delivery in NJ, did Tesla include the adapter to use a J1772 lvl 2 charger with the vehicle?

Nope. You have to buy it, costs about $50+tax in Amazon or Tesla (took a week for delivery)

2 Likes

Dang… Tesla is no longer including the adapter? That is cheezeball.

For my December delivery in Florida it was included, but of course they stopped including the portable charger sometime a year or so ago.

That’s crazy! Interesting that the product description says otherwise. Maybe a new thing for 2023?

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter.

Yes mine had the adapter in the trunk when I took delivery

3 Likes