Fixing a bad deal

My friend leased a BMW M440 Convertible 3 weeks ago. 20k down and $1,050 a month. :face_vomiting: She had no auto credit so they wanted a lot down.

She had no idea what she was doing (obviously) and they sold her a tire/wheel/windshield protection plan that was almost $250 a month, she says. I’m assuming they also got her for GAP. They also marked up the price of the car even though it was a left over 2023. She asked them to cancel everything finance got her for and get the payment back down to $798. They said the payment would stay the same, she would just finish paying the lease off in 31 months instead of 36. Is this normal? Or should they be able to adjust the monthly cost as well?

Excuse Me What GIF by CBS

4 Likes

I believe it is, you might want to change the title of your post so more people will chime in.

No, most finance banks take the value off the end payments, not recalc a lease over this.

3 Likes

i really want to see this contract :rofl:

2 Likes

Worst case scenario, just lose the car and claim insurance, or accidentally total it. Second option is to buy it outright, resell it at minimal loss and learn from the mistake. It’s better than defaulting and have bad credit for 7 years.

1 Like

Thanks. Just wanted to check…

Yeah… me too. I’m trying to get some pictures of it. :rofl:

1 Like

Damn…that second sentence gave me a stomach ulcer

If she cares she can come here and ask.

If she doesn’t care then neither should you.

This game of hearsay and assumptions is just a waste of everyone’s time.

1 Like

Please thank her for subsidizing someone else’s good deal!

6 Likes

You people are literally the worst fucking assholes I’ve ever experienced in my life.

It was a simple question, you guys answered it. Done. Thanks. Fuck off.

6 Likes

Snowy off-ramp in Reno? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If her MF is insane (due to no credit or whatever) it might make sense just to sell the car and get out of the lease. It’s still early summer so convertibles might get a slight premium. Depending on what the selling price of the car was, she’s going to have to lose a big chunk of that $20k she put down, but in the long run it still might be worth it. $20k + $1050/mo over 36 months is like almost $60k to lease what I imagine is a $65-70k car? Which is insanely bad.

1 Like

Luv You GIF

6 Likes

You’re fine. Some of you are. Just every time I ask anything here there are several people that are just awful.

2 Likes

What’s the sticker on the car?

Yeah… agreed.

In @max_g defense, if she or you wants specific advice on what to do, then you need to share the exact details of the contract. No assumptions or guesses.

3 Likes

All I wanted to know was if they should recalculate the lease. That’s it.

2 Likes