1 Like

Yes insurance fraud is the answer

3 Likes

When in doubt.

2 Likes

shocked oh my GIF

I said accidentally, did I not?

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry bud I saved a $499 broker fee but I am paying, checks notes, 56,000 on a 70k car to not own it

4 Likes

r/askcarsales would be proud

1 Like

$798 x 36 months = $28,728
$1050 x 31 = $32,550

Am I dumb or is she still being screwed out of $3,800?

Fook im late

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

5 Likes

I hope this wasnā€™t with Zurich. :smiley:

j/k

1 Like

Resistall :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

While @max_g may not be the most eloquent with how heā€™s framed his response, thereā€™s an unfortunate reality that youā€™ve fallen into here. With great regularity, we see people come here trying to save a friend from a bad financial move, put way too much effort into it for naught, only to have the friend not only refuse to follow through with any solutions proposed but fail to learn even the most basic lesson from their mistake. The only time it ever goes any differently is when the person in a bad situation takes a vested interest in their error themselves.

Many of us have the same drive to fix the problem you do here, but we have all seen this story through the end time and time again.

5 Likes

The worst is when I have friends or family members not contact me BEFORE they make a mistake then come running to me after its too late.

2 Likes

The question is would you tell them to take a hike if they ask you for a better deal? :laughing:

Absolutely. After I give out one set of numbers if they try and haggle I just tell them to use someone else.

Remember if you want to spend your day grinding out deals you will never reach your volume goal.

1 Like

I had a friend not too long ago come to me asking for advice on how to get the best deal. I broke things down in detail on process (simple things like ā€œfigure out what the lease should be before talking to a dealerā€), presented several broker offerings that blew what they were looking at out of the water, etc.

I called him up the next day to go over the options that would save him thousands and spent a good hour going over next steps. Finally at the end of that conversation he owned up that he had actually gone out the day before, signed the deal with a local dealer that said I was lying about everything, and that ā€œsometimes he just has to learn for himselfā€.

Iā€™m always amazed how many times people fall for the ā€œwell the dealer said you didnā€™t know what you were talking aboutā€ bs.

3 Likes

This is why I donā€™t bother helping out unless Iā€™ve been given the power to make the decision, ie my parents, sibling, etc. The most I will do for anyone else coming to me for help is refer them to the right contacts and step back.

1 Like

:100::100:

@Gpdriver Donā€™t take it too harsh. This is the LH equivalent of walking into a doctorā€™s office and telling them about whatā€™s hurting your friend.

I hope you have better success getting your friend helped out of this than most other cases.

4 Likes

Ignorance is bliss. If she can afford it, just lesson learned. Iā€™ve made some stupid financial mistakes as well. We all have, but stressing over it just makes it worse.

Iā€™ve also burned countless fruitless hours trying to help friends out of bad decisions.

I still take things like being a successor trustee or having power of attorney very seriously, but aside from that Iā€™m happy to lend an ear and offer some solid but superficial suggestions, and thatā€™s usually the end of it.

I gave someone $X,000 this week rather than get dragged into dissecting the front-burner issue. Iā€™m 100% certain the money wonā€™t solve the root cause of the problem but I also wasnā€™t going to ignore the plea.

Hope she works this out, and good for you for trying to help.

3 Likes