Fisker orders, delivery etc

Biden signs IRA today. I recommend ordering the extreme asap. Apparently it has >$30,000 in options over the Ultra for an incremental $11,500. I bet it will be a great flip opportunity.

2 Likes

Where is the waitlist for the Ocean One, I was away when I got my email and I missed it, of course. I’d love to waitlist for it, since it’s the same price as the top trim level anyway.

You think so? I am tempted for second reservation for $100 but I am not sure of much value here

I don’t think the waitlist for Ocean one has opened up yet. If it does, you’d want your order before Biden signs IRA (today), so I’d go with the Extreme personally. If you happen to be offered a One order tomorrow, you won’t get the tax credit.

Just when I get excited to order another EV under the deadline I have to remind myself that with more auditors coming I’m not sure how me taking 4 tax credits in one year would look like we only have two licensed drivers in the household.

Is it too late to order now and get the EV tax credit since Biden is signing today?

No - order asap. Fisker will take away the option to order after the bill is signed.

1 Like

Ah, well. I already did my definitive order for an Extreme, but I’m just miffed that they’re the same price as a One and I let that slip by me. Also, I really like that matte Blue color that only comes on the One. All good, I’ll stick with my Extreme.

1 Like

Well, look at the bright side. You only had to put down $250, not $5250. Henrik has said the matte blue will be an option on all trims, although it probably won’t be cheap.

2 Likes

Oooo! (Although frankly I’d rather not pay loads for it, thanks for that info!)

Even without the tax credit?

With the tax credit, yes. Without, you add $7500 in risk. We need more details, like the detailed configurator in October, and independent reviews to know how it really stacks up against the Model Y, etc.

I wouldn’t buy the Ocean as a flip without the tax credit at this point. Too much risk.

Is a second order worth it? I dont know the potential flip either, althu I might be happy to keep one (but again, Im flipping 2 this year)

will not want to pay/finance 69k for extreme (want to lease only). If I order today, will I be able to lease this extreme vehicle and take use of the 7.5k credit right away?

I reserved two. I should cancel the second and get my $100 back for second?

Unlikely the $7500 will be applicable to a lease

so, lease the vehicle and claim credit on taxes? or you think it will be mainly for purchase only?

It looks like moving forward the ev credit is dead for leases, even if on an old order via the transition rule.

That sukcs. I have no idea what’s going on now. Thanks for the info.

How do you justify buying (or financing) and paying 10% tax on a 70k car and then taking the 7.5k credit. That just washes out the tax on purchase. What am i missing?

It’s a lot better than paying 10% tax on a 70k car and not getting a 7.5k credit.

2 Likes

Clearly I don’t know how and what to do here. :rofl:

So, if you are purchasing, you are paying 7k+ in taxes. Do you expect this car to be worth a lot more than 70k at the time of delivery? I see people discussing flip, how do you justify flipping here?