First Time Leasing - 2016 VW Jetta Sport Auto - $159/mo - need advice on whether this is a good deal?

First time leaser here. I have really appreciated all I’ve learned on these forums, and I’d appreciate any advice/feedback on this offer -

The car: 2016 1.8T Jetta Sport Auto

36 mo/30k miles

MSRP: $23,215
Discounts: $4,821
Sale Price: $18,394
Residual: 12,303 (53%)
MF (unknown - I asked, and he said he’d have to look it up - I’ve looked online but not sure what it would be for my area - in MA)
Monthly Fee: $159 + tax (no money down)

Drive off fees: $1,514, including

$625 - acquisition
$569 - plates, sticker, dealer doc
$235 - mats
$85 - roadside kit

(not sure if I want these last 2, but I am sure I can choose not to have them)

1. Is this a good deal? It sure seems like it to me, but again, I’m new at this.
  2. The purchase price seems reasonable to me - and definitely below KBB’s ‘fair market range’ of $19,585 to $21,218. I’m guessing they just want these out the door?
  3. Is there anything else you’d negotiate here?
  1. That’s a great deal! It’s very similar to the one I did a few months ago (main difference is I financed the doc and acq fees since the MF was so low): 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Sport 36/12k

2. Yep, VW dealers are giving steep discounts right now to get people back in the door after the emissions scandal.

3. I would just tell them you don’t need the mats or roadside kit (you can buy mats much cheaper elsewhere if you do need them). Only other thing you might do is shop that offer around to other local dealers and see if they can beat it.

Thanks so much for your reply! I’m glad to know I’m on the right track :slight_smile: