[First time leasehackr] Best car for $400/month or less! Possible to get any of these for that price?

You can probably get close on a Stinger but you’d be looking at $2k-ish DAS (at least looking at recent deals posted here)

That would also mean a lot of engagement with a Kia dealer to get to those numbers though…and frankly life is too short for that nonsense.

4 Likes

First off, you’ll be hard pressed to find a lot of totally stripped C43 specimens. Most have at least a handful of options. Second the MF on AMG models is :poop:. Finally the RV on AMG models is also generally rubbish compared to standard models.

I say al that to say this: a $55k C43 will nearly always lease with a higher monthly :peanuts: than a $55k C300. And you’d be damn lucky to find even a stripped loaner at $400, let alone a loaded up one.

You’re not putting all the pieces together coherently.

:bat:

3 Likes

Good reference. This website is a great resource, but I am afraid as more and more people find out about this website, we will see more posts like this one.

Can we honestly ban these kinda posts?

Whenever my friends ask me this question, I make up a 1.2% rule and tell them to look from there. E.g. If the budget is $300/m, then look for cars around $36k. Puts the onus on them to do the legwork

5 Likes

How do you see that information? Do only trusted hackers have access to that?

Plus, the whole “best car I can get” part is purely subjective.

Click on your name…look toward the middle of the pop up. It will tell you recent read time statistic

1 Like

So when mine says read 5 days it means I’ve spent a total of 5 days reading this site? Holly crap I need a hobby.

1 Like

Think of it this way…it’s cheaper than hookers and beer.

3 Likes

Way cheaper than gambling as well… 5 days spent playing slots at minimum bet would be like $12000+ in theo losses

2 Likes

I’m not “estimating” anything. My post literally states “I realize that most of these lease pretty terribly and won’t come anywhere near $400/month”. I didn’t think it was irrational to put out a feeler to the leasehackr community wondering if there’s a deal that can be had that I haven’t seen or considered yet. To be honest I’m a little surprised by the blowback on what was merely meant to be a inquisitive post after I’d done a fair amount of due digiligence. And of course MSRP is not the be all end all, there are plenty of other factors in play, but it typically is at least a moderately decent indicator from what I’ve seen. Clearly I’m mistaken.

2 Likes

Doesn’t really sound like you did though… You’ll find this community is more receptive to users that show a little initiative and realistic expectations. We’ve seen far too many users simply asking for unicorns without putting in any effort and expect deals to just be handed to them. Doesn’t quite work that way. If you don’t want to put in the legwork, then get in touch with a broker. There’s plenty of good ones here.

5 Likes

It’s also more fun than both without the std and hangover

Don’t pick them up on the street corners and don’t mix beer with vodka.

I have a local broker that I’ve worked with on my past few cars but he is no longer working as a broker. I figured before reaching out to brokers here that I would get some feedback from the leasehackr community to see what was possible and what was crazy so that I could speak to brokers in a more targeted way. Didn’t realize that it would start this flamefest. I also have no issues driving or flying out of state to sign paperwork and pick up a car if the deal is right.

That makes sense. I appreciate the clarification.

I was pretty up-front about this being my first post and apologizing in advance if this wasn’t the correct way of going about posting something like this. Also, not sure if the second half of your post was being serious or not, but if it is, then it goes completely against everything else that people are bashing me about here about…

Again, just to clarify, at no point in my post did I ever ask for a deal to be handed to me, or for a unicorn, or for literally anything else other than wondering if it’s even possible to get any of those cars for that price. That’s literally the only question I asked in my post. So I’m not sure how/why you and just about everyone else on this thread is interpreting it as looking for a handout or “expecting” that I’d be able to get one of those cars for around that price.

In all seriousness, what would have been a better approach for me to take here? After reading through tons of forum posts and seeing only the 440i GC available at my price (with the exception of unicorns), should I have just given up and called it quits there? Is it that unreasonable to think that someone may have some knowledge that I missed or am not privy to?

In my opinion, you’ve said multiple times now that you’ve done your diligence, spent hours reading through the forums, and came up with a budget that you think works for you. If anyone had actually done their diligence, they’d know that 90% of your list was unattainable at that price. Diligence would include reaching out to brokers, or showing us some Leasehackr calculators with data that you’ve gathered to show why your think $400 is doable for the cars you’re looking for. I can’t speak for everyone else that’s responded, but for me, I have a hard time believing that if I said “Yes, this car is doable in your range” that you would go on your merry way. Realistically, that’s something you’d already know if you put in the diligence that you claim you did.

So let me ask you this, what did you find in your diligence and time spent on the forum that led you to believe that these cars, other than the BMW, might be doable at $400? Or better, what were you really hoping to get out of this thread?

5 Likes