🔥 🔥 2017 Chevy Bolt $270/mo, or Net $121 after incentives and 1-pay - Nor Cal 🔥 🔥

Not sure it works the same as cap cost. For a one pay you probably have equity in the car that you would get back from insurance.
A friend did a one pay on the Chevy spark ev and it was totalled. He got a good chunk of money back. He claims it was a windfall. He leased another spark with the money.

It’s still clear in the GM financial lease agreement that I linked that they do refund in cases of total loss.

dublin made so much money off that buy rate. #BackEndReserveGoals

1 Like

right? that’s my old sales manager at Dublin. That’s where I learned the ropes before I moved to Capitol to go Non-commission.

1 Like

a Few other knowledgeable opinions.

@chevysalesgirlRegistered Dealer/Broker2h
still not going to agree with that because it’s based off the value and case by case. so one person may get money back, but the next may have to pay out and no one plans to total a car so it’s difficult to anticipate what they’ll consider for the value.

@Irongunner1h
I agree with CSG. No matter how you pay for it (single pay vs. payments/cash down), GM is going to calculate the balance you owe (the unused portion of the lease - meant to be the residual plus any payments that have not yet come due) and then your insurance settlement will either cover or not. Since under a one pay lease you have basically paid down to the residual, your payoff (i.e. balance) will be less so you may get some of your money back but it will not be prorated (i.e. here are your 10 remaining payments back). Since Chevy’s are notoriously bad at holding resale value (insurance companies typically pay replacement value) odds are pretty good you will lose all or a lot of your dough that was paid up front.

1 Like

Right, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be losing thousands to depreciation.

To illustrate, normal lease with gap insurance vs one pay if your car gets totaled a few days after signing:

Net lease value: 31k (normal lease)
Insurance payout: 27k
Payments you’ve made: $0
Amount you owe: 4k, covered by gap so you owe nothing
Total lease cost: $0

Net lease value: 30k (lower MF on one pay)
Insurance payout: 27k
Payments you’ve made: 10k
GM prorated refund: 27+10-30=7k
Total lease cost: $3k

I’ve not seen anything that suggests gap insurance will do some sort of prorated payment calculation and reimburse the bank so you get your entire payment back. That would make one pay essentially equivalent to making a huge down payment.

1 Like

How much would the fully loaded Bolt be for a one pay payment. I would really want the fully loaded one!

Depends on sales tax, etc, and whether you have a competitive lease. <10k for 36mo/12yr.

10k miles. los angeles tax (9.25% i think) and yes I have competitive lease. How much for one payment for fully loaded one?

It won’t be less than 200 a month on fully loaded 43k MSRP bolt. But one pay will still be better than monthly pay, as long as you are aware of the procedures in case the car is totalled (which are not bad ie you won’t lose you entire one pay pament).

About $8600 with Costco pricing. Also get $300 or $700 (executive) Costco GC. $450 rebate for SCE customers. This would be from the same dealer as the other thread with $247 LT deal.

$8600-$700 (Costco)-$450 (SCE)-$2500 (cvrp)=$4950/36=$137.50 a month.

So you can get a loaded bolt premier with one pay for the price of the base LT deal on the front page.

Can pay up to 10k with credit card, good for those that want to meet minimum spend for sign up bonuses.

2 Likes

These are very good numbers on a Bolt Premier :slight_smile:

Is that a Southern Cal dealer price or a Northern Cal price? If NorCal, do you know which dealer would do such a deal?

Socal price look at the $247 LT lease deal socal for dealer contact info. Their premier prices are at least $1k better than any other dealer.

Chevy Phil has it for $347 front page deal, take about $1500 off for one pay so maybe about $10645 from him.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/chevy-bolt-lt-costco-program-lease-deal-so-cal-247-per-month-10k-36-mo-zero-down/22709/22

Not sure where you’re getting $1,500 from. I’m calculating about $1,100 using the lease calculator for the top of the line Premier and only $900 for the base LT.

I use my own lease spreadsheet and change the money factor to 0.00005

with 10k miles, the savings are based on the deal from the dealer I linked above

LT $1454
LT both packages $1540
premier $1642
premier both packages $1684

i heard all Bolt EV’s comes with free gap insurance. is that true? Thanks.

If you lease through GM Financial, yes. All GM Financial leases include GAP insurance.

Can anyone comment on the steering wheel feel between base LT vs LT with comfort&convenience package? C&c package says comes with leather wrapped, so I’m just wondering what base LT is?

CVRP: $2500 rebate; however, this one may not work out… I’m on the “waitlist” which you can read about here, but essentially funding has moved to a “Study” due out Sept 2019. You can read more about that here.