Financing 2024 bmw ix 50

First time posting, I need a little help, I want to finance a 2024 ix 50, I drive at lease 50k yearly. Lease end 7/6/24
Allowed mileage 30k
Current mileage 75k roughly 14,000 owed
How can I make this work in order to finance NY NJ area. Brokers, members responses greatly appreciated
2024-06-17T04:00:00Z

Pay the miles and move on. The value of EVs are bad and looks like your battery is amlost out of warranty, 25k miles left.

1 Like

IX is a terrible choice of vehicle here. It will be worth pennies on the dollar at trade-in time.

1 Like

Your next purchase should be a prius, best bang for the buck

1 Like

I’d instead be looking at a high mileage lease, personally.

There’s not enough high mileage datapoints out there to say how viable these cars remain at 60, 90, 120K+ mileage.

I can personally say a 30K example still rides pretty damn smooth but beyond that I got bupkes. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve been working in the auto industry for 5 years and I would NEVER recommend a client to buy out their car. Main reason being that the warranty voids after 3 years on most makes. Unless the vehicle is in excellent shape and holds value on the used car market, I wouldn’t buy it. Futhermore, as @sal88 mentioned, warranty is almost up on the battery. Eat the mileage and get rid of it.

1 Like

BMW is 48/50 B2B, 96/100 Battery.

Lease 3 cars probably, 2 EVs and one gas

Thanks for your response, I think that is my best bet

Thanks for your response, I have no chioice

You need to keep this vehicle to avoid paying the mileage overage? You already have the lease end residual. Do you just need to know how to finance that? I am sure BMW Financial will be more than happy to help you out.

And why didn’t you buy extra miles a year ago when you knew you were going to be way over?

Drive enough in Rockland County or Lakewood and maybe it’ll get totaled by a minivan. That’d be the best outcome

3 Likes

I didn’t know I was going to go over mileage

Max mileage 20,000 that’s not enough for, I’m traveling 2 hrs to a from work. Definitely need to finance, x7 too costly on gas.

Have you factored the MASSIVE depreciation of EVs into your equation? It’s not just the cost of gas you need to consider when you look at total cost of ownership over however many years you plan on keeping this car. Depreciation/Gas/Insurance/Maintenance…etc

EVs are trending high in the insurance and depreciation department.

2 Likes

:100:

Keep a nice car for weekends but this commute needs a Corolla or Camry hybrid. At most a Lexus ES or RX. Anything else will be worth $0.00 very quickly and consume a metric shit ton of tires in the meantime.

Big red flag that OP is concerned about gas on a X7 and thinking a financed iX is better while ignoring the depreciation elephant in the room.

1 Like

Agreed… I don’t know anyone that wants to drive an off-warranty EV. low demand means disaster residual.

@z0lt3c wont even drive a 12 month old EV.

1 Like

The only other option that may be worth exploring is a CPO Volvo PHEV with the warranty extended to be unlimited mileage. And it’d be driven til the wheels fall out.

1 Like