Financed BMW X7 x40i $1665 pm 60 months

, , ,

285s on 10.5s doesn’t sound right.

The wheels definitely aren’t as well protected. But according to chart above it should be fine.

I ran 285s on 10.5 rears on one of my older cars as well

10 posts were split to a new topic: I’m looking to buy an X5 40I MSport

Hijacked my thread I see 🥸

1 Like

Please stay on this thread’s topic or start your own

1 Like

I would not invest in separate winter wheels for NJ winters they are not harsh enough to justify the annoyance of swapping winter and summer. I played that game, not worth it.
Try to get all seasons for the OEM wheels and be done with it. Maybe tire insurance just for protection from potholes. NJ dealers are usually charging $4K plus for that though because so many vehicles have claims.

Gorgeous, what’s that paint color?

OP, Since you’re buying a 87k X7, you can find OEM 20’ alloys and winter tires for less than 4k all in, pay a shop to mount, and use that trunk to haul the tires back to your garage or store em.

Note, winter tires can be driven in warmer conditions, they just wear and cause more resistance (hurting fuel economy but you’re driving a x7, so I don’t think that was a priority), and a performance penalty. But you don’t need to switch the second it fluctuates above 45, or get all seasons, what am I the tire police?

That was about 7-8 years ago but if I remember correctly the wheels were satin black. The car was jet black

If it absolutely has to be all-seasons then they should be the new breed that some are calling “all weather tires” or classified as “severe snow rated AS” tires on Tirerack.com.

Keep in mind the false economy of most AS tires though: they start out decent in the snow at full tread (10/32”) but start to suck by 5. So you have a lot less usable life.

2 Likes

Are you sure you have seen one that says “severe snow service rated” that was a all season and not winter’s?

In my tire size, yes. Including Michelin Cross Climate and Vredestein Quatrac Pro.

But YMMV in other sizes.

Another “minor” annoyance: sliding past a stop sign at the bottom of an off-ramp.

Been there, done that.

And in a much lighter, easier-to-stop vehicle

On what tires?

Just don’t drive them in truly warm warm weather. If we’re talking 50s maybe 60. But don’t drive them into summer, that can be literally unsafe.

1 Like

$1,665 x 60 = $100G’s

What am I missing here?

lol if only we can tell dealers “hey the msrp is xxx why am I paying more” but seriously, tax, interest, registration, doc fee.

I’m assuming tax/interest?

8.875% tax, 86,350, comes out to 94k, finance it at 1.99, add reg and nj doc, seems bout right.

1 Like

Not my car and it was 4-5 years ago so hard to remember. But I did look it over and later arrange a PPI so a really garbage brand and/or bald tread would have been noted immediately.

It was bought from the second owner who had bought it CPO 2 years prior so quite likely to be OE tires. Probably a comfort-oriented European AS tire like a Michelin Primacy or Conti Pro Contact.

Replaced with Vredesteins soon after IIRC.

Update: finally picked it up today, posted pics in original post

2 Likes