Financed BMW X7 x40i $1665 pm 60 months

, , ,

Just got approved and signed buyers order on a x7 x40i. Dealer wanted 5k over told them flat out nope not happening, they came back asking if msrp will do since it’s end of year and they want to squeeze another sale. They matched Penfed APR as well for 1.99% on 60 months. Was really hard to find a unit that I wanted with the drivers assist package and no touch screen delete, managed to find this one that’s still at the processing center and grabbed it.
Msrp: $86,350
Doc: $549
NY tax: 8.875% $7,712

5 Likes

Congrats on the car!

that’s quite a hefty payment though . You did zero down?

Put $2500 deposit but put title as if with 0 down. It’s a finance for 60 months I honestly don’t think you can do much better right now, all brokers here were at sticker as well.

MSRP deal on an in-demand luxury SUV is considered a good deal in this market

My concerned would be how long it might take for you to break even, in the event you want to sell the car or, a total loss.
(Not sure if insurance companies sell GAP coverage for financing?)

At only 1.99%, OP is making pretty substantial equity paydowns with each payment. It will only probably take a few months in this market to have positive equity.

In the next couple of months sure, but down the line is where it get’s ugly.

high end luxury vehicles are a scary purchase in terms of depreciation. slightly used is my jam, but in this market i guess not much you can do in that regards, they’re selling for the price of new

2 Likes

Sucks we couldn’t catch the one I had for you but glad to see you found something!

1 Like

Ya these are going like hot cakes

Damn, that’s a higher monthly pm than I just financed the new Corvette Stingray convertible for. But that’s probably not helpful because it only has 2 seats… so this should probably be put into off topic landfill.

1 Like

Well um you’re right your post is not very helpful at all since there’s absolutely no context, maybe add your msrp and loan term🙃

2 Likes

Did you get $3,250 off with PenFed financing.

If you read the original post you’ll see I used BMFS that matched penfed rate of 1.9%. wasn’t a member for 60 days so no incentives either way, I do wonder if they would’ve honored it.

I have a local dealer here that at least gave me a quote on a X545e that they said they would. The alternative was $1000 lease cash and $1000 OL. So Penfed was a better deal.
$3250 + $750 California EV credit.

1 Like

So you got penfed rebate of 3250? Did they give you the new car buying program rate of 1.5 as well?

I didn’t go through with the deal since I am waiting to see what the tax credit will be like in 2022. But I believe I would’ve gotten those rates. At first I thought they stack but the $1000 loyalty and $1000 OL is only good with BMWFS. So if I go with BMWFS it would be $2750 I think.

Strip the tint. Looks like a sonic quote.

1 Like

It’s Hendricks, for sure I will not pay for the tint if I were to go through with it.

Ah right. They both use eleads.

@IAC , unrelated but do you happen to know when new Range Rover will be order-eable?