Feds bust top vehicle seller in rebate fraud

Honestly this guy has $$$ he will get a lawyer and get out of that charge. It’s too weak.
Now if he gave the cars FREE, then yes, FCA and the FEDS have lots to get him on. If he stole the cars, yes. But he basically took a bunch of coupons off the management desk and sold them cars. This IMHO is not going to stick.

I don’t think you understand what is going on because it was not just taking coupon codes and using them. Other FCA employees sold their codes to him, which he then used to give people deals they should not have access to or qualify for. This is directly defrauding the manufacturer since that money comes directly from them and is not intended to be used outside of the pretty clear cut employee program. I think the $8.7 million seems a but high, but I don’t think he will get off with nothing.

This is the same as manager giving everyone BMW loyalty even if they don’t qualify for it.

3 Likes

Exactly

This is FCA sending a message.

I bet the total of all stolen codes is 100x what this one Chaldean mafioso did.

Yup , still taking Coupons Codes off the desk.
Let me restate it. This is a CIVIL matter between him and FCA, not a Federal Criminal matter.
FCA did not lose money (though they lost profit), and he used a valid channel to get these codes. (Contrary to FCA policy)

No one was harmed in this scheme except for FCA. That’s why I am surprised the FEDs are involved. I don’t see this as a criminal issue, I see it as a civil issue.

No different than a Hacker asking for BMW OL Codes or someone getting rebates to double stack. He took advantage of the system and made some bank. He should lose his FCA dealership for this, but Federal? I don’t think so.

1 Like

if it crossed state lines, doesn’t it automatically become a federal case?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

This is probably the only reason the FEDs are involved. Otherwise I still see it as a civil issue. Hence why I’m thinking he will beat these charges easy.

So, clearly, you don’t have a legal degree or any expertise in this field. We got your input and your opinion. There’s no need to shout it over and over again.

1 Like

So it’s ok to rebutt me and claim I’m wrong and I’m not allowed to answer? Pretty low dude

You’re saying the same thing over and over again and not really contributing to the discussion anymore. Relax. Quality over quantity.

1 Like

It is a sales person running this fraud, not a dealer principle. And this is different than just asking, it is actually implementing it on a large scale. And it was not a legal channel to acquire codes since there is no such thing. I would assume the Feds are involved because some of the codes could be from out of state dealers and sales as well.

Next you’re going to tell me that what’s written on the lease contract doesn’t actually matter.

5 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

The dealer had to be involved. No Sales Manager out there can pretend to not know this guy’s scheme.
That FCA dealership is going down.

1 Like

Am I off base in thinking that the dealership higher ups either knew about this and did nothing or even encouraged this kind of thing? I find it hard to believe that they had no idea what was going on when a guy sold 250 cars in a month.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

I guess the Feds found Nimo lol

7 Likes

Nothing to see here, just a guy trying to make it in America.

6 Likes

I agree. There is no way this went unnoticed. The office couldn’t possibly keep entering employee discount codes and not wonder how their dealership is selling to such a high percentage of “relatives.”

Shredding machines are working overtime right now over there!