FCA and PSA to merge?!?!?!?

Opel sucks, always has :grin:

2 Likes

Yet the second they were free from the General, they started making a profit. Funny how that works!

1 Like

Third quarter earnings call for FCA has leaked some information about the future of some of the FCA brands.

1. Fiat is getting no new cars. Both the 500 and 500e are already dead in the US, and will instead focus on the European market.
  2. Alfa Romeo isn’t doing too hot, so their roadmap is going to be reduced. Updated 8C and planned GTV were taken off the roadmap.
  3. Maserati is going to pivot to electrification. Probably helped by the expertise of PSA in that realm, the Ghibli will be hybrid and upcoming Alfieri (GranTurismo replacement) will be either plug in hybrid of full electric.
2 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, but I know you know this is the Encore :blush:

THEN YOU KNOW I AM BEING SARCASTIC

Body was incomplete.

The only reason GM kept Buick alive after its bankruptcy while shutting down so many other brands was that Buick was doing well in China.

That doesn’t sound like a compelling reason to keep it alive in the US, though.

Most, if not all, of their portfolio was Opel rebadges. The SUVs are the only thing they really sell here anymore. The sedans…not so much.

I’m curious to see their design language post-Opel.