Fart Car Deal: Volvo S60 T5 Inscription

By my math, 393/mo implies a much higher MF than 0.00044. If they were using the buy rate it should be closer to 350ish, right?

Edit: I played around in the calculator and a MF of 0.00153 gets to a 393/mo payment.

Where are you accounting for the loaner mileage penalty

They aren’t telling me so i’m figuring it is built somewhere into the $11,790 of [alleged] savings. I have asked them a couple times now for a full breakdown of how they arrive at the 33500 sale price from 45290 MSRP, and for the MF. They still have not told me anything more than the term sheet I got yesterday, and the MF is clearly higher than the buy rate.

393/mo * 36months = $14,148.00
Taxes: $1,101.49
Govt fees: $126.00
Acq fee: $995.00
ADP fee: $399.50

Total cost of the lease: 16,769.99. That’s waaayyy higher than where I want to be.

Don’t fool yourself about Carfax, can basically mean nothing. But most states have very tight rules about disclosing known damage

Understood; I’ve told them if they can do the deal at the numbers I’ve asked for, I wanted to visit and inspect the vehicle first.

What’s been annoying is I told them very clearly in my first outreach that I’d not want the total cost of a lease to be more than 14k, and when I did that I inquired about the Momentum trims (of which they have several). To come back with an inscription that totals up to $16,800 just kinda puts me off.

I’m very confused. Your lease sheet clearly shows $393/mo with $393 DAS, not $393/mo and then another $2600ish in misc fees. Why are you accounting for that a second time?

3 Likes

Your total payment for your 3 options are 14148, 14015, and 13950. Pretty close to what you ask for.

Thank you for pointing this out, I completely missed the “upfront taxes” box under the selected terms.

Hey gang - you are all right and I am wrong. this is what I get for trying to figure out this stuff while working 15 hour days.

The offer on the Inscription is a straight up 393/mo with just the first month due at signing. I am moving forward with that. Thank you for putting up with my questions, idiocy, and general annoyingness. You are wonderfully patient people and I cannot understand for the life of me why you would put up with folks like myself so regularly around here! You’re all so much nicer than the regulars at Stack Overflow.

2 Likes

No worries, you’re fine. Glad we could help and get things squared away. Enjoy the new ride.

Glad we could help. Enjoy the car. The S60 with the T5 is very fun to drive.

Thanks guys. I will enjoy!

Now I have to sell a CR-V, anyone buying? :wink:

Carvana is.

2 Likes

Dual enrolled CS student here, tell me about it, LMAO.

I mean, you’ll see worse if you ask @mllcb42 about the 1% rule, but other than that, it’s mostly sarcasm here.

1 Like

Hey now, I always tell people politely why they’re wrong with that one

1 Like

”We ask them politely, yet firmly, to leave.” - Hank Hill

You’re much better than stack though, god I’ve been roasted so many times there, worse than even the bear or vhooloo could conjure.

1 Like

@HersheySweet if your coding skills are anything like your lease hacking abilities come find me when you graduate :slight_smile: always use someone like you…

1 Like

There seems to be a strong correlation.

I take CS dual enrollment at a local college, but I plan to do pre-med, CS is something I enjoy in my freetime, quite poorly I might add.

@sharksfan15, there is not :laughing:.

FWIW hershey, plenty of non-developer CS related roles exist out there. Do what you love. And if you love both medicine and CS stuff, there are actually a lot of cool opportunities to mix the two. For example, Emory University and Georgia Tech offer a dual M.D. / Ph. D program and you can do your PhD at GT in something like bioinformatics (big data AI and medicine, basically). Virginia Commonwealth and Duke also have similar programs, to my knowledge, and I think Yale does too.

1 Like