Fair.com sold leases to CFAM Financial Services - anyone else still a Fair customer

Hello there… I just signed up for this forum as I have a fair car and I had wondered if this company seem honest (and becase I was curious about everyone’s situations with CFAM here) Thank the Mayan gods I found you!).

Like everyone here, I was wondering about why my credit card was not charged back in April/May of 2022. I came to figure out via email to Fair they had sold the company!.. Aaah! What a delight to have found out I was not informed via snail mail but email (in my junk folder) after I had called. And, yes, I was 2 or 3 months behind on the payments as the app stopped the automatic payments. So far, I’ve made 2 payments for the past months and I’ve left the last month pending to see if they are tracking payments and if they care about how default I can get.

Recently, they’ve sent me an email stating the bills due with a link to pay them. Now, I’m wondering if they will continue to do business or (as some comments mention here) if they will repo the cars eventually. I’m located in Los Angeles/CA ,so just waiting for them to come and get that the vehicle (with current payments up-to-date). I tend to use credit card for big payments as I know that if anything goes south, I can easily call my credit card and dispute the charges for lack of services/products. And, I make it my mission to document everything -regardless. What I wonder now is how they will handle past situations dealt with Fair. Honoring a contract should be the first thing, but you never know how these CFAM baby birds will react to new noise from current car holders.

Also, while looking in the inter-webs for other CFAM / Fair posts (that’s how I ran into this forum), I also found this site: lemberlaw.com They seem to specialize against the CFAM company. And no, I’m not promoting them, but if others are bringing up class action law suits and if my fear of getting carless by a negligent company emerges, I might contact them myself!

Thanks all the comments here, I can be more prepared on how to contact, deal with, and what foresee once my registration is up again!

I’ll be in touch here.

1 Like

I returned the car in June but they still bill me the subscription now (in Sept! ) I call the customer service num. but no one picks the call, just told me the center is closed! No idea what’s the next step.

1 Like

Hi! Sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please share what the charges were for? Im not looking forward to turning in my car for this reason.
Thank you!

First your bank to stop payments, next small claims court or your state AG

I am in nearly the exact same situation Marijane. Fair user since 2018, car in fine working condition but could use a few repairs and I’ve been dragging my feet on turning it in. Towards the end of Fair’s existence, things were already getting a little shaky (continuous changes in billing process, hard to reach customer service) and now it looks like it’s exponentially worse with CFAM.

Like everyone else, I was told auto payments would continue with CFAM and they didn’t, nor did they bill separately. And then I got a bill some 3 months later notifying me that I owed 3 months worth of payments. Unfair? Not actually. Bad business? Absolutely! I paid immediately (that would explain the tiny bit of excess in my checking account) but the billing since has been sporadic. Why?! This should be an automated service! But like others mentioned it’s likely tactic to provoke missed payments and eventual repos.

Personally, I’m stuck in a spot of wanting to turn the car in but also needing it for work/life but I’m not sure holding out and continuing to do business with a very obviously shady company will yield anything good. I’m on borrowed time, for sure.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am glad I found this group. I also faced a similar situation whre my payments didnt went through after cfam toke over but thrn they scheduled installment payments.
Now I am planning to buy the car if they give me an option or I will trun it in. have anyone experienced to ask them if they give a buyout option.

1 Like

We took the extra $10.00 a month insurance for wear and tear so when we turned it in, we won’t be charged, we have the car a few years… we are thinking of keeping the car and suing as fair defaulted on their agreement….why should CFAM get the car as we paid and they are not honoring to service car, we bought tires, service car for everything…all types of fixes….CFAM looks like a fraudrelant company, we need a class action again fair, their creditors and now CFAM

1 Like

Does anybody have a copy of their original form/boilerplate agreement with Canvas/Fair that they would be willing to post somewhere? Since CFAM never reengaged the automatic payments, and then demanded payments for months prior to April 29 which had already been paid to Fair, I make manual payments only (not Auto-Pay). But I can’t get CFAM to send me a copy of the FAIR agreement; it’s not clear to me that they even have a copy – and by the time they announced the switch, the Fair site was already down.

FWIW, we were able to get CFAM to service the vehicle, however it is a pain because you have to get the service pre-approved, and have it it done at one of the few places that Marathon (CFAM’s fleet maintenance vendor) has a fleet service agreement with. In Calif., this basically means Pep Boys, which isn’t super close to me, and definitely isn’t where I’d take my own car for anything. The problem with paying out of pocket is even assuming that they were going to reimburse you, they are only going to pay the negotiated fleet price that they would have had to pay at Pep Boys for whatever was done.

1 Like

What’s up y’all, I’m in the same boat and just decided to not pay the past 3 months, I’m about to move apartments so they won’t have my updated address anymore but idk how this is legal what they are doing, we were on auto pay and then they just don’t honor it or give a heads up after each month missed but then reach out to say we missed 3 months and expect it all paid at once smh.

they have your SSN, so this is really a bad thing to do.

1 Like

Did you guys pay extra $10 for the wear and tear or their insurance? I’m paying $20 a month for wear and tear, but I think why they cover is dents and minor things on the car. (a year or so ago, I got a dent in the back of the car. I took pictures and sent them an email asking if I was going to be charged for this when returning it, and they said to me as long as the damage does not exceed $5,000 I was going to not be charged. So far, I haven’t any any problems with the new company. I got an oil change and they covered it as usual. I don’t drive the car much, so I think they were told the mileage was low and they covered the oil change with no problem. If you have that contract you first signed with Fair, you should read what the extra $10 should cover. I asked a million questions about it when I first got it and I was well informed.

Your post make it sound like you are paying the $10 and decided to return it, but then you still have the car?!!

Hey LesseeHere, what did you get the car serviced on? New tires? Windshield wipers? What was it? I’m getting ready to get some service on winds. wipers but not sure if they would cover them?

I could reply to previous comments, but before you return the car, make sure you switch your form of payment to credit card or any other form of payment where you’ll be protected. That way you don’t end up wasting time calling them or trying to get your money back!.. Disputing a charge on a credit card always leaves the credit card fighting for their money and puts the company on the map of being a bad company.

Also, for those without a contact to CFAM, you can still use the support@fair.com email as they have replied to me so far.
or try the old phone numbers (sent by email to me last year)
Fair’s Maintenance and Warranty Provider is available Monday through Friday from 6 a.m.-5 p.m. at 888-817-4627

• Fair’s Roadside Assistance team is available 24/7 at 800-289-3891.

or the new contact:

If you need assistance, email at customer.service@cfamllc.com or call toll free at 833-387-6677. CFAM’s regular operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Central Time.

Hello

I have been using the leased car (since 2018) from drivecanvas and later this company was acquired by fair. Now, this is part of CFAM llc.

I also faced the similar issue where the payments were not deducted after CFAM took over. I had to manually pay the dues via the payment link they provided in email. I am still doing the manual payments every month.

I see an issue with the insurance coverage. CFAM has increased the comprehensive/collision deductible from $500 to $2500 and up on asking the reason for this 5x increase, response was “ Due to the current market and loss history the pricing negotiated required the comprehensive and collision deductibles to be increased to $2,500 on the policy effective 4/29/2022”

I still don’t understand the reason for this increase? Do they have the right to make changes to the canvas/fair agreement like this? Is anyone faced in the same situation?

If your contract specifies this deductible and they change it, they are in breach. What does your contract say about insurance?

So they repoed my vehicle. I have no access to the app, I’ve tried looking up different numbers and calling and nothing works. I can’t even get in touch with anyone to even make a payment. I had a lot of my personal belongings in my car and I have no way of finding out where my car is being stored to at least remove my belongings.

Nobody got the name on the side of the tow truck?

They are charging me an additional recovery fee/repossession expense of over 1000. Is that reasonable? After the Fair was sold and before the car was repossessed, I did not receive any messages from CFAM, and no response when contacted during that time.

Of course it is not reasonable. The question is what, if anything, you can do about it.

How to dispute the repo fee…any suggestions, please?