Fair App - any good?

Any $250 promo codes?

How do I find the refund rate for unused mileage on a car I am interested in. Can you provide an average example of what the refund would be if I only used 5k in a year on a car that had a 10k limit?
Thank you,

Any way to browse cars without credit pre-approval? Iā€™m on the app btw

Do it from the website, www.fair.com

Also, from the app you can register without scanning your driver license, just select enter manually.

1 Like

@VinceFromFair,
Can you help me with my issue. I selected a vehicle on 2/22, signed the documents, submitted my downpayment on 2/23 and was waiting to pick a time to pick up my vehicle. I received a call on 2/26 that the vehicle I selected was sold, they informed me they would cancel out my order, refund my $2300 deposit and I would be able to select a new vehicle. Today is March 11th almost 2 weeks later and I still have not received a refund of my deposit, nor have they cancelled my order so I can select a new vehicle. Fair is essentially holding my $2300 hostage for 2 weeks. I have spike to 2 managers on two different occasions and they donā€™t seem to know whatā€™s going all. They keep saying a ā€œticketā€ has been created and my account is with ā€œengineeringā€ they are working on my ā€œticketā€ but they donā€™t know when it will be resolved.
Do you have any resolution you can offer me?

@NUN2019 Iā€™ll send you a PM

DRIVEFAIR
works for 250 off

@jmg just as @CaptQ said, you can browse www.fair.com, but this will only give general ā€œas low asā€ estimates since we donā€™t have any credit info to base the pricing off of. And the in-app initial credit pre-approval is a soft check, so it wonā€™t affect your score, if thatā€™s your concern. That allows us to give you accurate pricing as you shop.

@VinceFromFair Can Fair transport cars on your site/App from out of state? Models I am looking for are out of state, across the country. Is it possible to identify a car locally and have Fair purchase that car from a local dealer that works with Fair? (I am finding cars on the Fair site/App on the respective dealerā€™s sites)

Ok. I have been a Fairapp customer since 2018. They used to be good in the beginning now they are turning out to be crap. There Customer service is the worst, get ready for a nightmare. you have to wait for hours on the phone just to talk to someone and you will have to do this multiple times to get your issue resolved.

And there promise of 3 day trail period is a big lie. I signed my contract on Friday the 9th. followed up with Fair rep and the dealer. it took them 3 days to finish the paperwork, So they mail me that the car is ready to pick up monday afternoon after multiple calls, emails and chats. I pickup my car Monday evening, which was old and sounded like crap. I call in Tuesday morning to return the car thinking itā€™s within the 3 day trial period, looks like I canā€™t do that. I cannot unwind it. They consider the day you signed the contract as your start of trial period regardless you picked up the vehicle or not even though it was there fault delaying the paper work.

Stay away if you want save money and peace of mind.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing and I hope you can get this resolved, if not its complete BS.

I guess you didnā€™t go and do a test drive prior to signing the contract, that may have helped to weed out the issues w/ the car being old and sounding crappy. I personally would not sign up for a Fair lease w/o having seen the car in person, and test driving it.

Hey @Gattu_Asn. Iā€™ll shoot you a PM and see what I can do about getting this resolved.

The Start Payment has SKYROCKETED in the last few weeks, at least in California. Also the fees and taxes have gone from about $30 to about $200 additional on the start fee. Payments have also gone up about 10-20% as well which also raise the start fee. Frankly, Fair just priced themselves out of competitiveness. With this heavy of a outlay at the beginning and prices moving up, a traditional lease on a new car now makes more sense.

Thank you Vince. The customer service reached out to me and set up the return. I just returned my car.

Thanks for following up on this Vince.

1 Like

Vince @VinceFromFair ā€¦ question. I had a little mishap and after a couple cars I selected not being available, the third car was manual but I failed to notice so didnā€™t find out until showing up. I canā€™t drive manual. So that one will be cancelledā€¦

Is it normal that Fair says it will take up to 4 days before I can select another car?

And also, would I be able to use the promo code now? I didnā€™t know they existed before seeing this forum.

Thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Awesome! Glad I could help

@NerVoir -

Sorry for the late reply. Iā€™m not sure as to why thereā€™s a 4 day waiting period, but can get a response on that tomorrow. And if youā€™ve cancelled your order, I believe you should be able to enter a promo code for your new order. Give it a try - open the menu in the app and select ā€œPromotionsā€ and enter it there. At this time, the only code I have is 8XS7B5ZF. Shoot me a PM if you have any issues.

@NerVoir -

So it appears that since you had proceeded all the way to the pickup phase of the transaction, the car would have to go through all the return procedures on our end, which results in the temporary block. If you arenā€™t able to select another car by now, shoot me a PM with your account number and Iā€™ll see what I can do to expedite it.

So far, the app itself is utter trash. 30+ minutes wait times to contact Fair cs via phone. The app itself loops through input phone # and verification code, despite already having an account, and having scanned my ID. I already drive for Uber, but want to stop using my pov for it, as I drive nearly 2k miles/wk.

The website is functional, until you select a vehicle. Then, it sends you to the app. You can view the car then, but the looping process starts all over.

How TF am I supposed to get a vehicle, if I canā€™t log in on the app?!