F-type vs 718 Porsche Boxster

What do my estemeed hackrs (including senwia) think of the below.

For Jag, I think if I can get them to combine jag extra 2k incentives and chase 1k incentive and an extra 2k off sales price, I would be sitting at 450 a month + 1k down + drive offs

For Porsche 718, I I already got an offer for 599 with 3k down + drive offs. I am trying to get the Porsche to match the jag.

I agree the Jag is probably the better deal but if I recall correctly the Chase Bank incentive isn’t an automatic $1000, it’s that they would pay first monthly payment up to $1000.

Correct- I got the same email, not a great deal TBH

Which 2k worth of incentives are currently on the F type?

No … :wink:

Porsche was more fun to drive but jag is reslly lease hacking at 100 a momth less than the Porsche.

Quoting rv guy

FWIW, it looks like US Bank has the best deal currently on the base F-Type. Any trim above the base MT or AT will be a better deal with the captive. Ally isn’t trying for the F-Type business.

US Bank currently has a 71% 36/10k RV with 0.00120 on the MF for the base Coupe. Chase (Jag’s Captive) is at the same RV but has a $2k lease incentive and a much higher MF of .00254 on the MT and .00246 on the AT. So US Bank has a decent payment advantage currently.

What are the 24/10 and 36/10 numbers for a base AWD and premium AWD? Does the same price advantage exist between captive and USB? Thanks.

Hey vhooloo- how did you come to find out the MF this month?

I just quoted @Rvguy. We should ask him for MF for Jag. Porsche dealer told me 0.002 (which is standard)

F-Type 2dr Coupe AT (Base)

US Bank
36/10k RV: 70%
MF varies by state and is between 0.00130 and 0.00171
Acq Fee: 695

Chase (Captive)
36/10k RV: 70%
MF 0.00234
$2k incentive
Acq Fee: $795

The lowest monthly payment between Chase and US Bank will vary by state, depending on where in US Bank’s range of MFs your state falls. I don’t have time to post the breakdown of each state.

And then if you live in one of the states where a Credit Union is leasing, they will almost always have the lowest monthly payment on the F-Type Coupe AT because most of our CUs have a lower MF than US Bank’s lowest.

F-Type 2dr Coupe S AWD

US Bank
36/10k RV: 53%
MF varies by state and is between 0.00195 and 0.00215
Acq Fee: 695

Chase (Captive)
36/10k RV: 56%
MF 0.00022
$2k incentive
Acq Fee: $795

@Electrifi38 I don’t have the specific numbers for 24m but the payment at all lenders is a lot higher ($100-200/mo higher) than 36m. The Premium is only RWD. The AWD is only available on the S, R and SVR trim levels.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m assuming that’s a typo and there’s an extra “0” for th MF for Chase?

Sorry, I had them mixed up. Chase has a heavily subvened MF of 0.00022 on the S AWD.

I was shopping between the 718 and FTYPE… the jag was just cheaper and I couldn’t justify the substantially higher payments for the 718. I do miss my Porsche though - had the cayman s before the FTYPE. Great car.

Just buy a 4-5 year old Porsche 911 S – $50-55k. Per somebody here, it depreciates (anecdotally) really fast the first 4 years and then it the value drops slower.

The F-Type and Porsche are very different cars

Thank you RV guy, do you happen to know the 36/12 RV for the Base AT coupe?

Do you happen to know which CU is supporting leases? I can figure out if my state applies or if I have a friend who can help.

Cheers

@vhooloo the F Type S AWD all day over the Boxster.

New to the forum, so please go easy on me. Am I understanding this right?

People are getting the F-Type S for sub $400 with $1k down + fees? Just want to make sure I’m on the same page as you all :smiley:

Not the S. The base coupe was around $418/month for 36/10k.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve tried searching on this but specific details are nebulous.

If I’m understanding this correctly, it needs to be done on an individual basis with a dealer, isn’t region specific, and is because of the super high RV for March? I’ll reach out to a few dealers who have base F Type inventory then.

I’m so in if I can find something like this.