Expecting "fire sale" EV lease deals in mid-late December?

With certain EVs stacking up in dealer lots (Ford, VW, Audi, Nissan, Hyundai), do you expect to see some spectacular year-end lease deals in December to get these cars off their lots? Particularly during that last week in December at dealerships stuck with high/old inventory?

My situation is I’m in a Bolt lease through March, 2024 and I expect to wait until then to get my next EV lease, but if there are high value year-end deals I want to give them careful consideration.

1 Like

PS - I got a great deal on my Chevy Bolt lease back in 2021 but would not get this car again, suspension is too stiff, feel every nick in the road. I put a refundable deposit down on the new Volvo EX30 but that probably won’t be available until summer at the earliest…

Nissan tends to have fire sales Jan-Mar of each year so that would be the Leaf or Ariya

But yes I expect ‘fire sales’ at the end of the year.

2 Likes

Fords have never leased well so it would be uncharacteristic to make leasing really appealing. But I could see big incentives (as we’ve started to see) and this could make sense if you can take the credit on a purchase… but that depreciation kind of knocks that out.

Also have seen some strong Audi deals with Costco and Hyundai as well… but as the stock of 23s becomes 24s the deals get worse. Maybe VW and Nissan…

Something like the Solterra which had some great deals now it’s hard to find them on lots.

Since you’re in MA target a dealer that will do the state rebate $3500 off point of sale. There’s a list here. Participating Dealerships | MOR-EV.org

2 Likes

My dealer called last night and said there’s a short term lease offer for EX30 preorders that was just released. You can combine it with Costco, A-Plan, etc. 24 month lease with 15k miles per year and you just get out of it when you take delivery of your EX30. Seems like a great option for you. Get an S60 T8 while you wait for your EX30

1 Like

I’d wait it out, I bet some of these 2023’s are still around after the new year(looking at you ID.4), I assume you have a cheap payment so no reason to bail early. I got an Ariya after having a 2020 Bolt and a 2022 Bolt and I feel like it’s a significant upgrade.

2 Likes

I expect a fire sale on BMW EVs like the iX and the i7 - high dollar stuff that isn’t moving at the end of the year that they need gone.

2 Likes

But how much better it would become is the $1mm question…

In the same boat - $125 leaf end on Dec 25th after already extending it three months. I am not banking it on extending it any further.
Plus, over miles as is already - at least $0.15 per mile at Nissan is cheap.

So, think how much better it would actually be. If just an extra $1k isn’t big of a deal. There are not many Pro AWD <$50k MSPR left in my state that would also add a state rebate. Everything >$50k MSPR - not interested in.

2 Likes

I actually love the original Bolt. Handles like a dream, the new Bolt EUV is softer with more SUV boat like handling that many prefer.

Solid ID.4 deals, but cheap interior for the MSRP.

Ioniq 5/6 might be good options too. Over 300 Mach Es sitting around in my area, they’re going to have to move them.

1 Like

They’re priced well right now. There’s loyalty on the i7 and i5, not on the i4

I appreciate the suggestion, I think that offer has a 5 month minimum that I wouldn’t start until April 1 which may make it too long, but I’ll keep an eye on it! If I started it sooner I’d have one more car (and monthly payment) than I need. Actually it could be a great option even if I gave up one month early and double paid a month for all the other conveniences the arrangement would provide…

Good suggestion!

Yeah I would bet the driving experience of the Ariya to be a big step up from the Bolt. And I’m not knocking the Bolt it’s a good value EV. Did you get the FWD or AWD?

Too many roads near me that are not in good shape, I’ll trade some handling performance for a softer ride.

What’s a good way to determine what lots have high/older inventory?

Went the cheap route, FWD. Standard leather, heated seats front and rear, ACC and lane keep, nice interior, power drivers with memory, hard to beat if the deal is right

I hear you, did you lease and if so what was your deal like? How would you compare the pickup of the RWD Ariya to the Bolt?

Whoops I meant FWD

CarGurus, Days on market.

1 Like