Etron/SQ5 Leases

Lease Details:
Vehicle: 2020 SQ5 Premium +
MSRP: $65,600
Cap Cost: $59,040 (including 10% Costco discount)
Rebate: $750 (from Audi)
No residual given

Term: 42 months/ 12k miles
Cash down: $6,000/$683.91 or $3000/$762.71

Vehicle: 2019 E-Tron Prestige
MSRP: $85,195
Cap Cost: $68,675.50 (including 10% Costco discount)
Rebate: $750 (from Audi), $7500 federal tax credit
Residual: $39,189.70

Term: 42 months/ 12k miles
Cash down: $6,000/$832.71

Edit: no data points for my market (Denver). I have seen plenty for other parts of the country such as CA or NY. I’ve also had a hard time finding a broker for Audi working within CO. Most seem to only deal in specific markets.

I have next to no data points if these deals make sense, but the etron deal seems pretty good to me. we were told it might make sense to do 42 months then do the “Audi pull ahead” program to get out at 36 months into a new Audi.

With how many e-tron deals have been posted on here lately, I don’t know how this could be true

3 Likes

There are so many Etron data points here. Search the forum.

1 Like

I should of clarified, and I’ll edit my original post. In context of the Denver area. Most deals I’m seeing are in CA or the Northeast.

Sorry, edited my original post with context!

42 months on an etron that’s a first. No sugar coating it these deals are horrible. If it’s a tough market then the sq5 with Costco and base mf may be your best bet. Did you ask for the full break outs?

1 Like

@LeaserOC I added a screenshot to my original post with the breakdown of lease.

That’s not the dealer sheet. Anyways you need to find out the mf. By your numbers I’m guessing it’s marked up.

I would definitely spend more time learning and studying the deals other people have done here even if your market is different. You’ll see the importance of knowing all the deal numbers, and why dealers so often don’t include the MF (interest rate).

Some general tips; with Audi the Prestige trim will normally lease the worst due to lower relative RV and higher MSRP. If you really want the Prestige trim you’ll likely pay a chunk more for it, if you don’t need it aim for Premium Plus. Read up on Audicare, it bumps the RV up by 1% and includes all servicing costs, normally for 36m/10k and higher leases it makes sense to get it.

Read up on tire/brake/other costs as 39/42 month leases are often not worth it. The small amount you save on the lease you’ll likely have to pay elsewhere.

I’d speak to the dealers in DFW and even further away as they’re not that far away and they’re likely to be more competitive if they have higher levels of inventory. Delivery will be minimal and might well save you a lot if they negotiate more. If you’re looking for a good deal you’ll probably need to trawl inventory for a 500+ mile radius.

Run! Awful deals, more shopping needed. Might have to go out of state or switch makes.

I’ve actually called a couple dealers in TX, and multiple places have said they don’t lease their vehicles outside of state. Is this true for all states?

Try kansas and nebraska, those deals are pretty awful. At a minimum you should be contacting every dealer in Colorado, unless you already have

Trying to lease eTron PP+ in NJ.
Dealer has only one left.
He is asking for 3k down and 613 per month for 36m lease/7.5k miles per year.

Is that good? reasonable?? or subpar

There are so many moving pieces how is one supposed to deconstruct that

What are your taxes, what rebates do you qualify for, etc etc

sorry.

I qualify for Costco and Audi loyalty.

for PP+ , Dealer is showing $78,370 - discount $15,287 = $63,083 - Rebates $9,500 = $53,583.
Fees are $2,296…
NJ doesn’t have taxes on EV’s…

Adjusted Cap cost is 55,500.74.
Cash due at signing - $1000… per month $635… 3 years and 7,500 miles.

same car the other dealer wants 3k down and 613 per month.

The 24-month terms for the e-tron leases are better than for 36-months, due to higher residuals.

Your monthly still seems high. Look at other posts from the last two months for details.

1 Like

i got reply from dealer…
residual on 3yr lease is 50%
Money factor is 0.00193…

money factor seems to be high???

Ask Edmunds forums for the 24- and 36-month RV and MF for the annual mileage allowance you need.

They are inflating MF. Base MF should be 0.00173 this month for tier 1 credit. If you do max MSDs, MF comes down to 0.00128.

As max_g said, check Edmunds for the terms/location you are looking for.

From Edmunds… for 7500 miles per year,

.00173 MF
57% for 2 year /50% residual for 3 years.

For PP+, I am getting the car to 53300 after costco, marketing allowance and loyalty…

I used lease hacker calculator. it’s coming to 1000 down and 613 per month on PP+
with max MSD’s the payment is 568… 5k in deposits.

dealer fees are 895, and about 1000 for doc/bank fees… and 400 for registration…

is that ok deal?