EthanRS Exotic Hacking Thread

From what I hear, all of the 183k spent on the car gets to be written off on business tax and he can buy the car after 3 years for around 40-50k cash!!!

@ethanrs Can you flip a 2022 Acura MDX that was leased for $1022/mo, another user needs help!!!
If so, you would be god.

8 Likes

Is this deal replicable?

When is the next GT3RS drop?

Do you have it in Cement?

What is the payment for 15k/yr?

Do you do home delivery?

2 Likes

I guess $23k is good…

1 Like

why didn’tyou didn’t like it? It’s my dream car right now so I’m kinda bummed it might be a letdown

1 Like

Remember his comparison is to an Aventador. Compared to anything more pedestrian, it still is a dream car I’m sure.

I wouldn’t necessarily classify it as a letdown, just not really my cup of tea. As far as the car goes, it is likely the most capable vehicle one can buy for tracking and canyon use. I don’t track or drive my cars in canyons on a regular basis, I generally take them for drives up and down PCH and out to dinner. My main gripe with the car is that it really just lacks a sense of occasion while driving it. The interior of the car is a bit of a letdown, it is the same interior found in the standard 911 just covered in carbon fiber and alcantara. Exhaust note leaves a lot to be desired, it really only sounds good when close to redline, but I did not hear that often as I try not to constantly abuse my cars when I drive them. The PDK is a phenomenal transmission, but again the car takes 0 skill to drive and really doesn’t feel like a “supercar” unless you’re pushing it to its limits. I even let my sister drive it and she just got her learners permit. At the end of the day you’re paying $250k for a fast 911 with a wing, it just isn’t special enough to justify the price tag. I think the car would be a significantly better value in the $150k range. In my opinion it just lacks the special feeling that it’s competitors in the same price range have (Huracan Performante, 600LT, 488, etc)

That’s why I loved about the SV, you could be going 20 or 120 miles per hour yet the car still felt special. Interior and exterior design was second-to-none. Exhaust note was beyond satisfying at all RPMs. Everything about the car was unique. On paper the car had a ton of quirks (no glovebox, no bluetooth, no backup camera, violently jerky single clutch transmission, etc) and the entire concept of the car contradicted itself (the SV is a track-focused version of a car that was never designed to be tracked) yet it was by far the most enjoyable car to drive out of everything I have driven thus far. If I wasn’t in the process of acquiring a Carrera GT I would be hunting down another SV, or an SVJ.

I’m sure I’ll get flamed by Porsche enthusiasts for saying this, but it’s just my opinion :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Who did you sell it to? Dealer near me has GT3 RS for sale. How can I get paid 24k to drive it for one month?

2 Likes

Welcome to porsche :rofl::rofl::rofl:, minus a few examples most are muffled until you go aftermarket, off the top of my head carrera gt(aka death trap)… which you conveniently seem to be going after lol.

3 Likes

:unicorn:. Let’s see it… :grin::+1:

1 Like

Nothing sounds better than a manual transmission V10 death trap to me :man_shrugging:

I have driven my best friends CGT, absolutely loved it. If I end up acquiring this car I’ll keep it through Summer and take it with me to Monterey Car Week in August.

2 Likes

I saw you driving it on TikTok :slight_smile: what were the odds.
:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

One idiot died driving beyond his abilities and killed his celebrity friend in the process != death trap

1 Like

Actually, it is a very challenging car to drive even relative to other manual supercars from the same era. Driving experience is very unique.

1 Like

If you haven’t driven it or a viper you wouldn’t know. Same with the infamous 427 cobra.

Unforgiving cars

Keep in mind the idiot was a seasoned driver.

Unforgiving car, I still think the 90s vipers are far crazier but I would never dare push these cars lol. One of the most pure driving experiences if you are into that thing, nothing but you and the road.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a soda can that he hit that caused the crash?

A GT3 RS really only makes sense for the track. A regular GT3 with the 6MT is a better canyon carver. And if you’re below 5000 rpm you’re doing it wrong.

My much more pedestrian Porsche is a snooze around the city and burbs.

2 Likes

Whew, way to age yourself, kid :wink:

3 Likes

Ive had a regular GT3 991, and now have a 19 RS, i track both but the street manners are not much different.

WIth the DSC controller installed its less stiff then my wifes M8 on the street

7 Likes