EQE 350+ sedan lease help

But you do know $1,100 is astrocious, right?

I know! That’s why I’m still looking

Is this a sedan? I would travel there for a deal like that

Pretty sure it will run about the same

If your Mercedes dealers aren’t playing ball, just look at other cars. I’ve moved on from the EQE for the moment. There are so many great, 300 mile EVs on the market now or soon including:

1. BMW iX - Decent lease but will probably get better
  2. Audi Q8 eTron - Brand new but inventory is already good
  3. BMW i4 40e - Decent lease that improved just 2 weeks ago
  4. Kia EV6 GT-Line - Bad lease that is improving (good inventory)
  5. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited - Bad lease that is improving (good inventory)
  6. Hyundai Ioniq 6 Limited - Brand new
  7. Ford Mach E - Bad lease that probably won’t improve if Tesla doesn’t
  8. Volvo XC40 2024 - Coming Soon
  9. Cadillac Lyriq - Pretty New, GM hasn’t ramped up production
  10. Chevrolet Blazer EV - Coming Soon, GM probably won’t get around to it until fall
  11. Mercedes
  12. Tesla

Heart break

Mine is the sedan. luxconcierge told me the incentives are the same for the sedan and the SUV… Including the fleet incentive.

It’s getting hard to find base sedans, as most of them have been scooped up, as they made it for the best lease deals.

I had similar offers for base SUVs (79-80k) at $640/mo $3000 das, $6500 msd, 24mo, 12k.

This dealer essentially matched my other deal, but for a much nicer car.

You pretty much have to talk to every dealer… Get the best deal, and then play that deal off the other dealers. It’s a ton of rejection, and a ton of work.

My advice would be to look to some of the lease brokers on here. They have been posting very strong deals on this forum for the EQE. Sure they take a little cut… But they have much better connections that most.

Luxconcierge was advertising something like $520/mo plus $3000 das. Don’t think he can get that low anymore… But certainly far better than what you’re getting.

Haha, cars are very personal purchases. Here’s 8 reasons not to get an EQE:

1. Max charging speed is just 170 kW; Kia, Hyundai, and Porsche can do 250, which is the difference between waiting 30 minutes or just 18.
  2. 0-60 is just 6.3 seconds; a $52k Model 3 can do it in 3.5 seconds
  3. If you want 5.7 seconds 0-60, Mercedes wants to charge you an extra $2k for 3 years :face_vomiting:
  4. Adaptive cruise control is optional; when purchased you have to keep your hands on at all times - GM, Ford, and BMW have great, safe hands-off capability
  5. You have to use a key fob. It’s 2023; Tesla, BMW, Hyundai, Kia, and probably more let you use just a card or your phone / watch as a key with NFC tech
  6. The brakes suck
  7. Have you seen those rear bumper extensions? It’s like Mercedes was too lazy to design a US-specific bumper, so they hot glued some 3" boxes on the back. You won’t be able to unsee them.
  8. The best deal is on a 2 year lease. Do you really want to do this all over again in just 2 years?

Before someone says I’m terrible for pointing these out–note I would still absolutely get an EQE if I could get a dealer to cooperate!

1 Like

Fair points but I don’t mind most of them.
Will charge at work and at home so time won’t be an issue. Acceleration is OK for me. I’m with you on that key fob: it’s UGLY, cumbersome and surprisingly lazy for Mercedes. Brakes also seemed strange.
BUT, I still want the car :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can pick apart any of those other EVs.

It’s an awesome car if you can get it at a good deal. Does it have shortcomings? For sure… But there are plenty of things that make up for it.

I’ve owned many EVs, including my current car an r1t… And while the rivian does plenty of things better than the eqe… The eqe is a pleasure to drive.

But to each their own.

1 Like

I certainly agree with you on a number of these points HOWEVER: with all of the EQ products that begin with a 4 you just have to come to terms with the fact that you are driving a luxurious couch, not a sports car. 0.6 seconds to 60 doesn’t make much of a difference when you are getting a massage.

2 Likes
  1. For most people this is means little. DC fast charging will be a rarity for most. On top of that, the max charging speed is only part of the equation. Charging curve is also important, as neither will stay at the max charge for very long. You will also need to be at a 350kw charger to take advantage, which you won’t always be able to find. For most people, the one time a month (if that) they fast charge, 5-10 minutes is not that big of a deal. But sure, 200+ would have been nice.
  2. Again for most people 6.3 is more than enough. My Rivian can do 3.0… you know how many times I need or use that? Pretty much never.
  3. Mercedes aren’t the cheapest… this isn’t news.
  4. Whether you have to keep your hands on the wheel is just one part of the equation when it comes to assisted driving. Sure hands-free is better… but those other systems you mentioned also have their own separate short comings.
  5. Personally I don’t mind a keyfob… there are downsides to phone-as-key, which I have with my Rivian… when ever you walk by the car with your phone, it opens and powers on. You also have many more device specific issues with PAK. The MB auto-unlocks as you approach, just like with PAK. Key cards are not good at all. They do not support auto-locking and unlocking, you have to pull them out and tap them against the car. I don’t consider that to be superior tech… more of a backup when your phone or fob do not work.
  6. The brakes aren’t the best… but with one-pedal driving the brakes are rarely used.
  7. Not my fav design… I actually don’t notice them anymore on my wifes all black car. Just one part of the design of the car… an over-stated one at that.
  8. Some people like leasing, cause it gives them the ability to shop for something new. 2 years will be a positive for some… a negative for others.

Really many of your arguments are the same arguments people have always had against an MB, ICE or EV… which is the value proposition. Of course there are cars that can accelerate faster for less… or that include option X for less. I certainly will not argue that a Camry isn’t a better value than a C Class… and I won’t argue that an Ioniq isn’t a better value than an EQE… but for some the luxuriousness of the EQE outweighs the value you get with those other cars. Especially if you can get an EQE at a bargain, which some have been able to do.

1 Like

2 years is perfect because EVs are just like computers: always coming up with new technologies and features that make older ones lose value precipitously.

Plus, with 2 years with Mercedes, you’re getting any maintenance, warranty, and free EA charging. I have a few EA chargers within minutes of me and within shipping center parking lots. So, charging for free while doing errands will save me at least $100-$200 in electricity costs because my cheapest electricity rate plan (EV schedule) is $0.26/kWh.

I also have model model y LR. Which is bigger , faster , and smarter.

But eqe fancy interior and quality control is way more better, you can buy out the the acceleration package for 1sec quicker .
Very smooth ride for female.
Happy wife happy life

Haha, you guys. You’re supposed to be helping to drive down demand so we can get a better deal. This is not working.

100%… was trying to push her to get the MY, as it’s such a better value…

But we test drove the EQE first, and after that, the Y had no shot in her mind.

I was going to get x5 24 LCI and spent few month trying to persuade her that x5 is way better than GLE 2.0T at the same price range , but at same time I just can’t compromise the performance and overall ride quality for the GLE 2.0T ( didn’t test the gle450, it’s already x7 base price )
But finally, eqe suv was the happy ending for us. I subscribed acceleration package, 0-60 is around 5.2s even was slower than my MY , but can’t complain more for that fancy ambient light and interior

They won’t care about the performance at all. But honestly eqe suv ride quality and NVH is awesome.( but I won’t spend the msrp for this )

Yeah, she absolutely loves the ambient lighting. Its not for everyone, but I gotta admit, I think it is pretty sweet.

Ours also came with the digital headlight package. Really impressive what it’s able to project. Every car will have those at some point.

Got offered this last night. EQE sedan. not sure if I should just go ahead with it?
Don’t like the seating position. Is SUV better? (EQS SUV drove terribly for me, too sloshy)

89K MSRP.
15k One Pay.
Effective 625 a month