End of Mercedes Lease with Equity- Shopping Mercedes Benz Dealers to Buyout

My lease is up on 2019 mercedes glc300 RWD. I will add that I have ordered a 2022 glc300 which dealer says is shipping soon. I see that Mercedes Benz Financial is NOT allowing 3rd party lease buyouts (carmax, carvana, etc). My question is: would it be worthwhile to shop the LOCAL mercedes dealerships to get their buyout offers in addition to seeing how much the particular mercedes dealer will offer which I have ordered the 2022 glc300 through?
Can the local dealers see that I am shopping to get buyout offers from other dealerships (is there a system of some sort)?

I tried a few local MB dealers when my lease was up none were willing to pay close to market value even after sales tax was figured in. Ended up buying it at lease end and sold to Carmax. Took a month since I had to wait for the title but was still a few grand ahead even after paying tax.

I doubt they would crosscheck you shopping for a buyout. It’s your lease you have every right to try to get out of it however you see fit.

See if any have an online tool to buy your car, they MIGHT actually honor the value there.

I am in the same boat. I am over miles so would rather sell it now. My lease is not up until august.

My buyout is $34k.

Carmax offer $42k

Local mercedes dealer offer $36k

I think the dealers know what the carmax offer is and are taking tax into consideration in case you want to buy it out and flip it to Carmax.

My local mb dealer matched one of the third party places a few months ago.

Que if anyone can answer : Can we find a buyer offliner and ask some mb dealer to sell the car to the buyer so that we need not pay the sales tax?
Ready to pay mb dealer a cut?

@Ismelllikepoop did you lease a new Mercedes from the dealer who matched the online offer?

You could certainly ask, but why would the dealer sell it to your person for a discount when they could just take the lease return and sell it to someone at market rate?

I don’t have a reason. :stuck_out_tongue:
Was asking if anyone has pulled that off somehow.

Nope didn’t lease another car. Should’ve asked for more they accepted the offer after discussing it for 1 min.

My lease was up on my e400 3 weeks ago, buyout was 41k, carvana offered 46k and carmax 49k. Local MB dealer offered me 47K so i thought it was a pretty good offer since i didnt need to pay sales tax and resell. Check for the difference came in the mail 2 weeks later. I would definately get some online offers so you have a basis and see what your dealer comes back with, might work out like it did with mine. (I did not re-lease another MB since the cars are being marked up quite a bit even in this market)

Anyone know what happens to MSD’s if I sell to a MB dealer? Is it just treated as a lease end and I get a check after its all done?

where are you located?

I believe that the MSDs are included in the total payoff to MBFS if the MB dealer is buying, so for example- you have $6000 in MSD, the Mercedes dealer payoff is $28,000 but your payoff (if you buy out the lease) would be $22,000.

1 Like

Gotcha. So if my situation was:

• Buyout = $36k
  • MSDs = $6k
  • Dealer buys for = $44k

I’d get a check for $14k. Net profit of $8k

1 Like

I’m in Indianapolis. My MSDs were returned seperately via a check from MBFS and the check from the sale came from the dealer once MBFS gave them the title.

It’s confusing- according to MBFS the Mercedes dealer would be paying them off including your MSDs. So- in your example:
If dealer payoff including your MSDs is $36k and dealer pays you $44k, then that would be $8k left over ($2k Net to you after your $6k MSDs- MBFS says that they will not refund your MSDs if dealer pays them off).

Probably should of phrased that differently. Checked online and buyout is $32k including MSDs

I’m California. Dealer cut me a check when I sold it, then the MSD check came pretty quickly from MBFS in about a week.

1 Like

Was the dealers payoff to mbfs including the msd’s if mbfs sent the msd check back to you?
I asked mbfs recently and they told me either the dealer includes the msd in their check to you or mbfs mails you a check for msd- not both.