End of Mercedes Lease with Equity- Shopping Mercedes Benz Dealers to Buyout

See if there is a Autonation Mercedes dealer near your location. Get a certified offer on autonation website.

The dealer buyout didnā€™t include the MSD. the dealer cut me a check for the positive equity then received our MSD back from MBFS a week later. When I logged into MBFS my buyout included the MSD but the dealers side it showed it without.

I had a Broker here on Leasehackr find me a strong offer from a Mercedes Dealer. They do have a $300 fee. Iā€™m in Southern California. Broker indicated they could help with most Brands in SoCal and AZ.

Unfortunately sold my car for $1500 less than the brokers offer to a local dealer.

same for me as well, think this is the standard practice. Either way tho, youā€™ll get your MSDs back!

Why do you say that your car sold for $1500 less?

I sold my car to a dealer before the broker gave me their offer. The dealer offer was $1500 less than the brokerā€™s offer. Both were higher than the buyout so I was positive either way.

FYI the broker was Clutch here on lease hacker. I ordered my Jeep through them. You find their info in the Marketplace.

With less than 6 months left on my wagon lease I just got an Autonation offer of $57.5K vs a payoff of $45.9. Itā€™ll be interesting to see which way my equity goes as I get closer to lease end. My residual is $43k.

Iā€™m trying to educate myself as Iā€™ve never had positive equity on a leased vehicle. Mercedes Benz financial told me that I cannot sell to a third party, outside of a Mercedes Benz dealership. Is this true? If so, how are some getting quotes and selling to third parties?

Similar situation here. My GLE lease is coming to an end in couple of months. Can any broker here buy it out or have to sell it MB dealer or buy it myself. Also, want to check the pricing on leasing new GLE or Porsche Macan

Mercedes has to be bought out by a Mercedes dealer, or try Autonation in your area. You can see how much different MB dealers offer you.
At this time- your benefit will be taking the equity from your current lease (buyout by MB dealer) because dealers wonā€™t discount Msrp on the new car.

Iā€™m stuck in a similar situation now where Iā€™ve extended my lease for the maximum 3 months and have 7.5k tied up in security deposits. @Calvin.MB do you have a definitive answer on if dealership buyouts will result in me getting my security deposits back plus a check for the equity difference?

If you sell the vehicle to the MB dealership they use dealer pay off not customer pay off meaning you will get the equity difference if any and your MSDs back

The dealership will cut the check for the equity and MBFS send you a check for the MSDs thats generally how it works.

2 Likes

I just had my old lease bought out by MBFS. I received the check from the MB dealer for the equity about a week after I gave them the car. But, I am still waiting to get the check from MBFS with my MSDsā€¦it will be almost a month now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.