Emailing dealers with a Male Name vs Female Name - Tips

haha wish i could put it on the due bill.

Oh man. I almost always use a GVoice number, and a burner email specifically for car inquiries.

3 Likes

Use the name Pat, “What’s that? It’s Pat!”

Was pretty useless recently when I was helping a friend. 3/3 for knowing nothing.

ISM I found from scouring their website was most useful

I think you can change it in the settings.

@mp11477 ha ha ha

Lol I have dealers call my number 2 times a day, sometimes more, and filling my email with spam. That is such a huge turn off! Just wait for a reply. This is why I use a GVoice number but I use my real email lol.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I wish I had enough time to call each of my 200 new monthly customers twice a day.

I’m sure if you answered when they call and tell them the truth. They will stop trying to contact you.

You really should not give out any info till your ready to talk seriously about a deal.

Yeah well I have the missed calls, texts, and emails to prove it but I don’t have anything to prove on the Internet.

This was after I emailed the salesman that I am not interested in the car anymore after finding out that it was missing the M sport package (it was just regular sport), thanked him for his time, and after I had explicitly told him that I am having a busy week and that I may get back to him on the weekend. Maybe he doesn’t have 200 customers like you do. But thanks for assuming.

For most companies the online reviews don’t matter - the surveys for customers who purchase do. Customers throw tantrums all the time on Yelp over anything.

“My credit isn’t 487!”
“My mom doesn’t look like a wookie!”
“That car is missing a wheel?!?”
“Why do I have to wait my turn to go into finance?”

It is absurd.

1 Like

I dont have any problem with the brands or the dealership for that matter. Its just been two dealerships mainly, one nissan and one honda. However, same companies but different dealerships, the experience was great. Sales people were upfront.
Ohhh and bringing competitions brings out the worst out of sales people, its like the think they are only player on the market. Now for example, talking about Alfa Gulia to Infiniti dealer, the guy said he has seen the car but he has never driven it. BMW and Audi guy both talked about Gulia and driving it also (BMW guy admited that 3 series is outdated, the 2018). But, bring up Kia Striger after getting a very high quote on Accord Touring (almost Audi money), his response was that they are best and there is no competition in the market that Accord and Honda sits in coz of reliability. Plus the conceding tone. After that, I went to honda dealer in a close by town, the guy talked nicely and acknowledged other player in market, did not give us over the top numbers, and my friend got the Accord same night.
Sorry for long response. But, its the experience I had, and I want them to improve.

Of course not, but I know my negative review on yelp will be seen and valued by my friends list.

For example I went to an Audi dealership yesterday in So Cal after seeing the amazing lease deals on the 2018 A6.

The sales manager straight up lied to me about the MF (Showed the rates MARCH 2018 LAST YEAR) and never provided a lease sheet.

For a sucker, he would have added in accessories to inflate the cost since he couldn’t raise the rates as high as MF March 2018 (we are in 2019).

Caught him on his bluff and he refused to show the screen on his computer, and told me to get out.

Some dealers are really bad, and at least my friends will value my review.

PS I ended up with a 340i m sport

Wait, the dealer showed you the MF rate for a MY18 A6 on a 2018 A6 and you thought he was lying?

2018 A6 MF and 2019 A6 MF are different. I guess I’m confused by how he was lying?

I worded it wrong.

He showed me a money factor for a different month/year than it currently was.

MF:.0005 and also backed up by Edmunds.

Dealer showed me for a few seconds and then turned screen away showing MF .001xx and said Audi Beverly hills was lying and that they wouldn’t do business with people who are lying.

The sales manager also NEVER provided a lease print out, just the stupid 4 boxes.

Dealers are still doing four square? I haven’t seen four square since 2015.

I guess sales strategy and trends take a while to get around.

It’s just the McKenna dealerships management style old school. I haven’t seen any other dealers besides McKenna use this in So Cal.

Businesses that do not adapt to changing times and markets are eventually doomed to fail.

We use four squares at my store. The customer generally doesn’t see them (we fact find during the test drive and fill in the sheet before handing to managers). Some salespeople fill it out with their customers, but imo makes us look like a chevy dealership from 1990.

Why use four squares as opposed to just displaying all the necessary information on a spreadsheet or something of that nature? Does using four squares really simplify the process that much?

It gives a general idea to the manager of what the client is thinking.
They obviously aren’t going on the test drive, so it gives them some insight to the situation and the clients expectations. We print it and take it to the desk and they give us numbers. We have an electronic form that we enter information into (just happens to be in the general format as a foursquare). It’s not as informal as handwriting on a spare piece of paper. You could do it verbally but salespeople usually have a million things running through their heads at once so there will be errors that way.