Elantra Lease $199 - best deal?

Audicare bumps up the RV so you’re not quite paying full price for it. The fact that the MF bump is $50 is funny

I think he is confusing a Wear&Tear protection package with AudiCare (maintenance plan).

1 Like

taxes included? How much did you pay upfront? Thanks.

You are correct, we have wear and tear package not Audi Care. Sorry about that… we passed on the Audi Care.

Get a refund. It’s a rip off. You can refund it at any time.

The reason it’s a rip off is because it doesn’t cover a single incident of $1,000 or more. So you think “up to $10k in lease return damage covered!” And yeah, let’s say you get a huge dent that would cost $3k to fix, and maybe it seems like nice insurance to add the plan. But no, only if each instance is less than $1,000.01. And really, how much damage are you going to inflict upon your Audi? Probably none. Small little nicks and scratch are normal wear and tear and you aren’t dinged for it in the first place. You are basically pre-buying $1,300 in damage when you will probably have $0 in damage when you return the car.

You did not get schemed on the protection package, it is what it is, just get your refund. I still think you got schemed on the MF, though. Audi dealer can make a call and bump you up one tier on the MF. It’s easy, takes 5 minutes. Buddy did it two weeks ago. He was only approved for Tier 3, said no deal if they can’t bump up to Tier 2 (which, again, is the same MF as Tier 1, Audi does not differentiate). Made a phone call and 10 minutes later, done. He got Tier 2.

I wouldn’t consider that a rip off. Wear and tear package is not a replacement for insurance. When you have thousands of dollars in damage, you gonna have to go through insurance.

Thanks for the information on the MF and tier 1 & 2, What happened was my dad originally co-signed and we were able to get tier 1 pricing but he is refinancing his mortgage in August and so we tried to get it just alone and when she said $50 more, he said it was cheaper than getting hit with higher interest rate due to a $900 payment so we didn’t argue. This was also our first time dealing with Audi FS so we assumed thats how it works.

I also didn’t know that the wear and tear doesn’t cover anything over $1k (per incident right?) - I am paying about $55 per month for the wear/tear package which amounts to almost $2,000 over 36 months…hmm

I am a rough driver so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t charged big time if I happened to pull too far in a curb or something but I have noticed that since its my first car thats $70k I have been more than careful and the sensors make sure you never really do anything like that.

Wear and tear is not per incident. It is per itemized item. It can only be used at lease turn in. If you scrape your car tomorrow and the damage is $800, Audi will cover it, but only if that damage remains when you hand back the car to Audi in 2021.

You are essentially paying $2k to maybe not pay $300-700 for some scratches three years from now. But the reality is you will most likely turn your car in with little to no chargeable damage, and you in all likelihood will not turn it in with $2k in damage. Not worth it.

As for the MF, don’t understand how it’s cheaper (it’s not), but it’s in the past. You know for next time a dealer can bump you up a tier.

1 Like

While I will agree a tier bump is possible, I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a guarantee either. A good F+I guy can get someone on the fringe bumped up, but he’s not getting everyone bumped up that asks.

Audi care is definitely worth the money up front… If you’re holding onto the car long enough. Good you didn’t get it if you didn’t plan on driving more than 45k miles.

I am going to call my Audi dealer today to see what options I have…thanks!

Maybe we can get back ontopic and not fart all over the thread about some audi lease?

Fart car? 202020

Definitely true, but the guy has a 720. I think he would get the bump.

OP got a car which is why I’m not too worried the thread went off topic…if you are interested in the numbers you can ask @SaraSkinny for the breakdown