Elantra Lease $199 - best deal?

Thanks everyone. We just signed on a 2019 Jetta for $200 a month. Much happier with that than the Elantra.

3 Likes

Hot damn! I am going to put you in the “doer” category.

Enjoy your new Jetta. :smile:

2 Likes

Well Mitsubishi dealers are basically “Buy here, Pay here” lots now if that counts…

1 Like

Are they? The one near me is also a Mazda dealer, they don’t offer internal lending or subprime loans.

Pretty damn happy considering it’s our first lease experience and our mediocre credit score. This is also his first nice car so looking forward to that too… 90’s oldsmobile and 04 sable were his previous cars haha. Bigggg step up!

2 Likes

Enjoy the mpg’s and 3 or 4 oil changes plus maybe a set of tires for the duration of the lease!

1 Like

you should be able to get a VW Jetta lease for $100+tax with 200-300 due at signing

goodluck! I would suggest Jetta over Elantra, the new Jetta is a really amazing car

Is this a typo? $100 plus tax?

3 Likes

Base model VW Stevens creek offered it to me,
Ended up buying 2015 Camry SE 0% interest.

This was 4 years ago, but I have seen $99 lease offers even today

Talking about ads without posting all the fine print is pointless.

Must be CCR

2 Likes

Just ran across this today, pretty damn low payment

Did you read the fine print at all? Or notice the $2700 down? Or notice that it says good on one stock #?Payment is actually closer to $230-240 a month after factoring that in. Not a good deal on a Jetta AT ALL

1 Like

first of all, she mentioned her credit score is bad so you can’t expect the best deal on leasehackr

secondly, you can easily negotiate that downpayment down to $1000-1200 and then the payments with tax drop to $110+tax which is around what she is looking for

it seems like their main goal is not to hack the best deal on their dream car but simply to get a car for less than $200 a month and the VW Jetta is the best car for the cheapest lease IMO

And where’s the fine print? Acq, doc, TTL and possibly even Dest will be extra.

NTM this stock number will probably not be available when you call.

1 Like

I guess you didn’t see her update that she already got a Jetta? Your logic is flawed because it excludes $2000+ in fees. Not sure why you are giving advice considering your atrocious Audi lease

1 Like

Love to see what deal you have seen for Audi S5 sportback with 69k MSRP (1 package short of truly fully loaded)- I admit I got a little “worse” deal than possible because they added something like $50 based on my credit score of only 710 and I also got schemed into paying for Audi care since this was my first performance car lease

But again, please show my a lease Lower than $799 + 10% tax with 1k down please!!! (799 was the lease rate + $80 tax + $50 for tier 2 credit + Audi care)

The point is you are effectively $1000 on a month on a Audi A5. You could get so much more car for the money but you got pigeon-holed into one car and got taken.

2 Likes

Yeah I made a willing choice to pick the brand new redesigned S5 over a 5 year old design 4 series. I hate Benz interior and the 530e was my runner up but it was too large of a car for a 22 year old

I’m retrospect, I would have tried to close the deal at 799+tax including Audi care and all which would be 1.15% but I fell in love with the S5 sportback and gave in to the price :man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4:

Imo the Audi S5 sportback is the best car exterior/interior wise in its class

You can remove AudiCare at anytime, so remove it if you think got schemed,

710 is Tier 1 credit, odd that you didn’t get approved for the top tier. Even at that, Audi makes no difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2, the MF is the same. Did the dealer lie and mark it up?

Dealer charged me $50 more saying she couldn’t get me approved for tier 1 and that I had to go with tier 2. I am 22 and this is my first real “loan” outside of credit card history for 4 years so I believed her

I think I got schemed on Audi care so I have been reading up on how Audi examines cars post lease. I don’t want to have to pay more after because I wanted to save money now. This is my families first Non Japanese car lease so we wanted to stay safe but it definitely feels like I’m paying too much for the ads ons