E-Tron GT - $107k MSRP - $650 Effective Monthly All In

He’s def getting paid to snitch on selling dealer lmao

6 Likes

No way it’s from SoCal. People around here pay this for an a4 and are happy about it.

14 Likes

Would take this in a heartbeat. Congrats.
Attention dealers and brokers : I am willing to drive up to 500 miles from So-cal for a similar deal!

1 Like

be ready to drive to Alaska cuz you still won’t find one for this price. Unless you hunt it down yourself.

11 Likes

Nothing wrong at all with the brokers and dealers (and others) being skeptical, asking questions and trying to stay up with the market. By doing so, they ultimately make deals better for everyone by being able to leverage that info with their contacts, dealers, SM/GSM/GMs and dealer principals.

Additionally, we have seen more than a few “deals” that were smoked out as BS by those same brokers/dealers doing what they need to do to stay current with the market.

I’m all for it. If you want to come on to LHer to post your deal and brag about it, then be prepared to back it up - in full.

12 Likes

Exactly :100:

There have been too many fake deals recently, especially Audi’s

3 Likes

I agree with the theory, not a popular take, but it’s not what I’m seeing in practice. Brokers benefit from being reactive and are only motivated to find the sweet spot to clear inventory and not a penny less. It’s people like OP who really move markets.

2 Likes

Yep, fully tinted from the dealer. I paid an extra $300 outside the lease for the tint, but it’s something I would have done anyways.

As much as I’d love an extra $200 it was not a Cali dealer unfortunately.

Well I also got in on “Macan Mania” a couple months back…so that’s the “practical” family car for the foreseeable future. I expected to downgrade from the two Volvos we were rocking during this lease go around and ended up with a Porsche and E-Tron GT somehow…my wife seems accepting of the outcome however haha

8 Likes

Long time lurker here. I’ve picked up a lot of helpful information on the site and was actually working this exact car! So a little sour you got it. I guess I was just too slow, but you got a slightly better price than what I did. 15% off pre rebates is where I was at.

Thats what he posted…

4 Likes

Cant See Ken Jeong GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

1 Like

I didn’t get to the Audi care add on before he got it, hence the slightly better deal :slight_smile:

In unicorn hunting you snooze you lose.

I lost on an even cheaper AMG line EQS 450 because they showed up in person before.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s accurate, it’s a very simplistic outlook on the car market. Also, I’m really not trying to get into it with you all over the place here, I promise, but I think there is a lot missing from your analysis.

This is going to be a book but here we go… I think some of the more longtime members will understand the points I’m going to attempt to make.

One thing that people on Leasehackr sometimes don’t understand is that just because one person got a specific deal one time, it doesn’t mean that it’s possible elsewhere, or that it will ever happen again, or that there is an infinite number of dealers who will also do that deal. People think that if one dealer did XX% off, then it must be technically possible anywhere, but in many cases on “outlier” deals, it’s not, and that deal may have actually lost the dealership money, which is not our problem, but people should recognize that there are reasons why one particular dealer may be literally willing to lose money to sell a car, it doesn’t mean that others are.

Sometimes post like these don’t move markets, they just are what they, a really good deal that one person got because for whatever reason, a particular dealer felt it was in their best interest to move that car for a certain percentage.

Also, I’m not trying to just find a sweet spot to move inventory, I am just trying to offer the best I can get on a consistent basis, if I was just trying to find the bare minimum discount I could offer and still get customers, I would be lowering discounts on several cars.

I can’t speak for everyone, but we don’t take a penny from dealers, so lower discounts = more customers = more broker fees. It is quite literally in my interest to get the most bottomed out deals that I can. I don’t make any more or less money if a dealership sells a car for 8 or 9% off, I don’t pocket the difference.

All this being said, the “Leasehackr effect” is a real thing, and I know several dealership managers that will ignore these kinds of customers. They know what Leasehackr is, and they will straight up ignore the emails. The ones that do answer and deal with customers who penny pinch on 12, 13, and 14% + discounts will also be put off, and simply just never reply, even if they would sell that car for that price. I am speaking from firsthand experience. This website enables some insanely amazing car payments, but it has also caused many dealers to close off to considering these deals, not because they won’t do them, but because the amount of work involved on a deal that doesn’t make any money is simply too much.

This is why I have always had better success getting cars for myself, If I am personally hacking, I make my intentions clear, I don’t collect quotes. I target a car, a deal, and make it clear that I am picking up a car today. I have personally seen from a manager I know a 50+ email chain on a car that was 13% off and the customer just ghosts the manager in the end.

My point here is basically to say that while deals like this are possible, and I love seeing them, what is likely going to happen going forward is this: People will find ETron GT’s in stock, email managers of those dealers asking for this deal without knowing the mechanics, get annoyed when its $30/mo different because of all the variables that they don’t understand, argue with them but not understand why, and burn another dealer that now will not even entertain these deals.

That last part is what really hurts the community, you have a manager would probably would have done XX% off the car, but they just shut down the second they realize it’s a “hacker” customer, because they believe the process is going to be miserable, and that’s not speculation, that’s from the words of several managers that I know personally.

15 Likes

OP, please update effective monthly payment after the $200 :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Haha I totally would if I met the California requirement

Could have lowered your effective $8/mo, hah!

This really is such a sweet deal. Audi employee pricing is 15% off, and with the 20k in rebates, I have had several dealers tell me that their employees are buying ETron GT’s this month.

5 Likes

Tip next time don’t even deal with that. Just add when you get to the dealer to sign.