Dont like the 4XE or Frontiers ... what are the next best leases?

Curious to know whether OP is any closer to picking a replacement for the 530e.

1 Like

I would blow out a 530e for OP if it makes sense for them to buy it.

There is about $5K negative equity in the 530e. I got a great deal on an executive demo with 1500 miles. Has virtually every option. Leased it from a NY dealer, so no MSDs. Doesnt make sense to buy it. I love the car and can extend the current lease for a few months. That said, I’d like an SUV. Wife’s car got totaled in the NJ floods last year and had to get a neighbor’s SUV to rescue her. The 530 would have been destroyed in the water, too. So, I am thinking about flying to the heartland and hopefully finding a car at MSRP or lower - maybe a Santa Fe PHEV, if I can find one. Still, may have to settle for a 4XE since they are leasing so well. Far cry from the 530e.

What do you mean by “blow out a 530e”?

Heavy dealer discount.

And if you’re looking for a Santa Fe or Tucson PHEV, I’d hit up @AA-NJ

1 Like

PHEV like Prius Prime are not tax exempt in NJ.

2 Likes

I havent seen 530e dealer discounts in NJ. The dealers in north Jersey - Open Road, Morristown, Park Ave, Paul Miller - dont seem to be discounting much, if any. I havent really worked them, though. Sorta gave up on expecting much on another BMW.

Just looked it up and take that back sorry. A customer who bought one told me it was, I should have liked further into the exemption. Thanks. It’s just eligible for the $4500 tax credit and another 1500 from toyota

2 Likes

Negative equity. Buyout is for about $5K more than market value.

Check BMW of Springfield and Ramsey. Both discounted in the past.

You should also caste a wider net. NJ doc fees make me want to vomit :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

At least it ain’t FL

5 Likes

So about $28.5k after toyota incentive? About $31k all in. Then another $4500 from fed. $26.5k. Huh. Gonna have to think about that one.

1 Like

I just bought a 2022 Highlander for MSRP about 2 weeks ago. Working with a dealer is similar to pre-pandemic. If you don’t ask, you don’t get. You just have to be realistic. The dealer told me that every Highlander is being “market priced” and leaving the dealership at $2,500 - $3,000 over MSRP. I gave the dealership what trim level an options I was looking for, the interior color I wanted, and a few different exterior color choices. They called back and told me they had an incoming unit with my 1st color choice spec’d close enough. I gave them a $500 deposit on my CC to hold it.

2 Likes

Nyccarguy
Where did you get it from. I’m looking for a highlander platinum. Thanks pm me if needed.

I think you might have some degree of difficulty with a Platinum to be quite honest. You might have better luck with a Limited.

Is there any reason why you say that?

They don’t really have to play ball on the trim everyone wants.

down here at least the platinums have been next to impossible to even find on the lots.

Awesome. That’s great. Thanks

1 Like

I’ll take a look. I can also get a palisade. I plan to purchase so want a good suv for the long run