Dont like the 4XE or Frontiers ... what are the next best leases?

My current lease expires end of April. Been car shopping for mid-sized SUV, but will take practically anything to get thru until the market stabilizes. Depressed…

1 Like

CX9 isn’t bad and I think the Traverse???

1 Like

You should look into extending your lease.
What is your budget?

1 Like

Buy a Tesla
Your in nJ no ev tax
That Tesla is gonna hold its value

2 Likes

Nissan Leaf from @aronchi

4 Likes

Coming out of a 530e. BMW will only allow 2 months of extension unless I have another BMW on order. I dont expect to get another BMW. I’m paying $530 now on a 36/10 lease. Would hope to pay that or less.

1 Like

Did You check if You have any equity on it?

1 Like

OP could take the same bet with a Mach E, Ioniq 5 or EV6. Federal tax credit makes it sweeter.

Aside from EV, the best bets are to finance something that held good resale value even before COVID related shortages. RAV4 Prime, Highlander hybrid, Telluride, etc.

3 Likes

That will be a huge downgrade for the OP.

@joelk01 - You have a couple of options here:

1. Check out broker deals in the “Marketplace” for a cheap lease deal that meets your needs.
  2. Or finance an SUV that holds its value.

X3 x30i 36/10 for $572/mo 36/10.

Do you have enough tax liability to max out the $7500 EV rebate? There are CUs that will do Ballon Financing, similar to a lease, and you can get the full $7500 rebate. Ioniq5 and EV6 would be solid pics even at MSRP.

You are missing lots on info. How about some basics:

• Month and year the shared deal was signed?
  • Model year of car?
  • New or Demo?
  • MSRP?
  • Pre-incentive sale price?
  • Incentives?
  • Amount due at signing (DAS)?
  • Pre-tax monthly?
  • Tax rate?

CUs that will lease and pass along the tax EV credit?

Your dealer would have to support that CU and then you have to negotiate a price using that CU
And your CU has to support passing the rebate on that model.

Extra fun thrown in there.

If you ask nicely and have a good reason , they will allow you to extend for more then 2 months without having a BMW on order . Message them or call them , they’re very helpful in my experience

2 Likes

I haven’t seen March numbers, but, in Feb, the CX9, as previously mentioned, was OK, as was the Jeep GCL Altitude.

Hard to beat a 4xE at ~$400/mo. "If you can’t be, with the one you love, honey, love the one you’re with’.

Having to settle sucks. Having to pay only to settle sucks even more.

1 Like

Safe to say Leasehackr heydays are gone.

If you don’t need a car don’t feed the greed of dealers/brokers. If getting a car is a must, think about what you can afford and what shouldn’t go down hard once the market corrects itself whether used or new (Japanese vehicles and Teslas come to mind).

It’s sad to see folks reporting how they signed up for $1200 effective lease payments on bare bones X5 or $800 on 330i.

7 Likes

That’s what happens when you rule out the two best values available at the moment. Best advice is to wait. Who knows how long.

1 Like