Don't be a dummy like me in the F&I department

Yeah…you have to have comp coverage to get the $0 deductible windshield in FL. For a leased car, this will of course always be the case.

I lucked out! My insurance company added the full glass coverage at $0 deductible for like 5 bucks per 6 months. They also offer gap for roughly the same amount. Unfortunately, as this is FL, the liability coverage is high :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t remember the exact math, but the break-even point for us would have been somewhere in the neighborhood of one windshield replacement every 2-3 years (keeping existing coverage and paying the deductible, vs. increasing the coverage and paying the additional premium).

Once upon a time, my wife had a 2010 Acura TSX. Somewhere between the garage and the house (My garage is attached to my house), she lost her keys. Against my own advice, I gave her the “how on god’s green earth could you lose the keys after pulling into the damn garage?” speech. Naturally, being the man of the house I turned my keys over to her and had to use the Valet Key when I drove the car. I knew the key was somewhere, and refused to pay $360 for a new one with programming from Acura. About a month later, the landscaper found it.

1 Like

Haven’t we all done that

1 Like

Wanted to share a discovery as I have not read about this on here as of yet. Looks like AAA has launched a Wheel and Tire Protection program of its own. For those of us who have low profile 20" rims, driving in NY, this might be worthwhile. My key takeaways from the program which makes it superior to those offered by the F&I Departments:

Price: $1575+tax for 3 years on a 2019 M850i (includes cosmetic, curb rash, tire and wheel replacement, paintless dent repair, key fob replacement)
No limits on cost or occurrences, except for key fob replacement $5k
Easy claims process directly through the dealer - they pay the dealer over the phone with a credit card after they initiate the claim.
Transferable
AAA membership not required
Best yet: you can add it at any time, and are not restricted to the F&I “now or never” time constraint pressure.

It is a regional program, and I confirmed this information for the Northeast, particularly in New York.

7 Likes

Here is a link to the program jay3 mentioned, in case anyone wants to check it out. I have no experience with it, just thought I’d post the link.

3 Likes

Did you say 5 grand to replace a key fob? That’s gotta be a typo

1 Like

“limits on cost”, so up to $5k

1 Like

Up to $5,000 coverage limit for key fob replacement(s) during term of the policy. So at $700 a clip, you are free to lose it 7 times!

Haha okay that makes sense. Might as well throw one into the Hudson then!

1 Like

Or lose an Aston DBS crystal key twice…

3 Likes

Are they expensive to tighten?

Just hard for me to spell :wink:

Careful with that one!
I looked into that program back in early May and was offered a pretty attractive rate. The company that the T&W plan is through has suspect reviews. Mostly stating that they BARELY approve any claims.

In my personal experience- CNA has been excellent with claims.
So just a word of caution-- make sure you guys do your due diligence with their claims process as AAA sources T&W through a third party.

EDIT: Attached the quote email for my 2020 M4, and the sample contract that was sent to me by the AAA Northeast agent (incase anyone wants to go through the fine details)
One thing is for sure, they responded to me almost immediately, so thumbs up for service.

attached the actual quotes for my car (36 & 84 months) & here’s the link to the sample contract: https://docdro.id/fYPMxqF

2 Likes

So glad you mentioned that because I had not noticed on the top of the sample contract they sent me. They apparently use the same company that Rallye uses, which is where I have purchased and service my cars.

Thanks for sharing the sample contract. The one AAA share withe only had 8 pages. I found exactly what I needed: if canceled, they’ll deduct the claim from the refund plus prorated months.

My idea was to purchase the 84 months for $1885 then cancel after 36 month, receiving 48 month refund. However, if I filed a claim, it will be deducted from the refund so my idea might not be the brightest.

A post was split to a new topic: Help with an x3

Hey, did you end up going with this T&W coverage or any other coverages?

I found a dealer in FL that was willing to sell me the exact CNA contract I wanted. If you want more details, please feel free to PM. I went with CNA because I have had a great experience with them. The reviews I found for the AAA T&W plan suggested that they rarely approve any claims therefore it’s like not having any coverage at all so I passed on them.

1 Like