Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

I will advocate for CONNECT by AMFM COSTCO, I’ve had them for years now… had a claim on my Tesla M3 windshield replaced-they sent me a check minus my $250 deductible and did not raise my premiums.
I still pay $300 per car Tesla Y, Wrangler 4Xe and Charger HCWB they are all $100/300K and $250/500 deductibles. I do have the Executive Costco membership so maybe rates are lower etc. I am in SoCal and by far the cheapest insurance so far I’ve ever had even on a single car… worth the quote if someone is trying to save/compare shop insurance

5 Likes

If cost is concern why not go higher deductibles? I’d go 2 k

I did that for almost 10 years with Progressive because I realized my renewal rates were always 10% - 20% higher than purchasing a new policy. I have been with Progressive since 2011 and only had a tiny claim (windshield crack filling). I called Progressive for a few times and they couldn’t explain why and just told me to purchase a new policy if it’s cheaper :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It didn’t work for me to switch from Progressive to Progressive to get a better quote but I ditched the idea of getting a Tesla now and went with another car that bumped up my insurance by just $500/year vs. $2000/year.
In 11 months my other car lease expires so I’ll figure it out in February 2024 if it’s going to be Tesla, better deals or other cars.

In the Jerry app it does show the accident I had from 2019 (I was rear ended while stopped at traffic light); I don’t think that should cause a higher rate but who knows what these insurances think.
It seems that it should expire in May 2024.

Flo Yes GIF by Progressive

Insurances will do anything to steal more of your money. It’s sad that its labeled as capitalism :joy:

1 Like

Good to hear. I recently ditched Tesla insurance for CONNECT. While the price to switch was about 10% more than Tesla, not having to worry about stupid f$#king bogus FCA’s ruining my driving score (and not having to fret about driving score in general) is worth the slightly increased cost. Plus the horror stories I’ve heard about Tesla insurance if you actually have to file a claim, I decided to switch. Good to hear CONNECET seems to have good claim service.

1 Like

As called out here already - please watch out the insurance. I just tried “replacing” my 10 year old Audi with Model 3 in Geico’s phone app and they are bumping the insurance by $600 for six month ! This in VA. What’s up with Teslas and Geico ?

I’d reach out to a local insurance broker who works with many companies. It’s no fee on your end, it’s great. They do all the bs for you and send you the best quote and it’s been leaps and bounds anything I’ve gotten filling out for quotes on my own.

1 Like