Did the font change?

For this account on this browser that did not work. After a

with only one instance of LH open, it did not fix the issue for me. Apparently it’s fine on mobile, so I think I’m just REALLY stupid.

The double hyphen is not a comment, it’s a CSS variable assignment

‘Computed’ shows it’s being derived from ‘html>var(–font-family)’

Edit:

This is how it looks when it’s commented out (and you can see in the background that it applied the TNR, but it always goes back to Arial when I referesh obviously)

Okay, mind giving it one more try? if that won’t work that might be an issue unrelated to the browser’s cache.

In LH, on Edge, click F12 again, go to Network tab, and check “Disable cache”, and just hit normal refresh (while the window is still open). If that doesn’t fix the issue there might be a server issue.

See screenshot:

Edit: you can uncheck that box once you finished refreshing the page at least once.

No fix. Just to mention, it’s working on my iphone (proper font) on this account so no clue. It’s just my iPad Pro and desktop that does this.

:chocolate_bar:

Alright, clearly an issue with dark mode :slight_smile:

@littleviolette The problem is that in dark mode the desktop.scss file is missing the --font-family declaration, leaving the user’s browser to select the default font. That’s why there are so many different results.

Here’s the desktop.scss for dark mode:

Here’s the desktop.scss for light mode:

Just need to update these values in the dark mode desktop.scss file

7 Likes

Relevant:

Great job finding the cause. I used to be front end dev too, but then I took an arrow to the knee :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I miss the shocked pikachu meme.

Thanks for the pointer! @bmwmb

Just updated again. Try refreshing and see if the font is right? It’s working for me in dark mode now.

2 Likes

Confirmed, back to normal :+1:

Just do a hard refresh on LH page, don’t clear your cookies.

np!

@RustyDaemon there are also these nice two :slight_smile:

css

3 Likes

All the “suggested topic” links below the bottom of each thread are now super old.

Most show as having been updated recently to me

The mug is a classic. At my age I have many classmates that are gazillionaire. But I’m still moving things one pixel to the right :laughing:

1 Like