Did the font change?

Try Wikipedia:Bypass your cache - Wikipedia.

1 Like

This is strange… I might need to borrow @tech_crew 's expertise on this!

Font works fine for me on all the following devices: Safari/Firefox/Edge on iPhone, Firefox on iPad, Chrome/Firefox/Edge on PC.

Might’ve been a transient issue.

Back to normal now for me, Chrome on ipad/android/windows laptop.

Is this normal?

6 Likes

Only for Sinbad

1 Like

I took @edmcman advice, and it’s still Times New Roman on my Windows laptop (Chrome) and also using Safari on my MacBook. Maybe I’m just lucky!

I’m quite sure you cannot clear browser cache without opening the DevTools (even though the wiki page seems to omit that). On Windows open Leasehackr in Chrome and hit F12 (or Fn+F12 if you have Function key enabled on your laptop), this should open the “Developer Tools” window which you can ignore, then right click on the refresh button near the search bar and select “Empty cache and hard reload” (this menu won’t appear if Developer Tools is not open).

You can also check if it’s a browser cache issue by opening Leasehackr in incognito mode (but that won’t persist for non-incognito mode, so you’d still need to follow the first method mentioned here).

For macOS you might want to open DevTools using “Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, then select “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.

I’m getting Arial on windows, iPadOS, accross multiple devices. Issue ceases when I switch back to my @hersheysweet account.

:chocolate_bar:

I’m not a tech person, but would clearing the history (which on Safari will clear cookies and “other website data”) be sufficient? There’a an option to Clear History under the Safari main menu.

Website fonts returned to normal for me on its own.

The root of the website’s font seems to be Arial. What font do you get on your other account?

1 Like

If it’s a browser cache issue, no need to clear the entire history. On Safari I think you want to hit Cmd+Opt+E when you’re on Leasehackr (you need to have Developer Tools open for it to work).

From @AutoCompanion description though it seems like this might not be a browser cache issue if switching accounts yields a different font. @AutoCompanion can you confirm that the accounts have different fonts on the same browser & PC?

Nevermind, when I logged out it had different fonts. It’s persistent between iPadOS and my windows machine. Issue persists when switching browsers, tried on never used Microsoft Edge with this account.

Seems to be commented out

Okay, so if you’re getting the correct font on Edge and you never used it before, then that’s a browser cache issue with Safari.

Open the Developer Tools and hit Cmd+Opt+E, that should clear the cache (I don’t have mac/Safari to test that on but it should work).

No opposite, I am NOT getting the correct font on Edge.

The font is commented out for you in Developer Tools? What happens if you go to ‘Network’ tab and checks “Disable Cache” and hit refresh? that should load the latest CSS (you can uncheck “Disable Cache” after you’ve refreshed once).

Did that solve the issue for you?

Here’s where to find it in FF, Chrome/Edge might be slightly different:

Can you try F12 (to open developer tools), then right-click on refresh icon near the search bar and hit “Empty cache and hard refresh” (you won’t see that without developer tools open)? that would tell if it’s a browser cache issue

I feel a meme goes right here… calling @RustyDaemon !!! Fonts are driving LHers crazy! :slight_smile:

No, in your screenshot.