Did i get screwed? (tesla model 3 highland 2024)

hey guys i signed a lease for a new Tesla model 3 highland 2024.
they are charging me around 576 per month for 24 months 15k miles with around 4600 down.

I have attached a copy of the lease agreement for your guys reference. I couldnt find the “money factor” in the agreement. Please let me know what you guys think
Thanks

No bank puts the money factor itself on the contract. It is always the rent charge and gives the total amount.

Also don’t know how you can get screwed on a Tesla. It is all one-price. Whether it was a sound financial decision to buy or lease is a different story, but you can’t negotiate a different price than what you paid.

10 Likes

Exactly as said by @wam22 - what you see is what you get. Nothing you got “screwed” by. Tesla does not negotiate nor change numbers on you. Everything is laid out (point in time), and it’s just a personal yes/no decision.

If you’re looking to get out of it… not many options. Ride it out or turn it in early and pay the penalties. Tesla does not allow for lessee or third party buyouts.

1 Like

You don’t get screwed by Tesla on leases. Everyone gets the same price with the same credit score and they don’t switch up stuff or have add-ons etc. They’re upfront.

4 Likes

i love the car its great, but i think im paying a lot just for 24 months. what do u guys think is it worth paying 570 per month for this kind of tesla?

Doesn’t really matter now. Just ride it out. Most people here wouldn’t get a model 3 for that payment.

13 Likes

If you told me I had 4k down and 570/mo to get a vehicle a tesla m3 is NOT what I would get.

That being said if you are happy then just be happy

2 Likes

yes thats what im asking, what would u get instead?

S60 T8, EQE, IONIQ 5, EV6, and some more.

4 Likes

alright, what would u get instead

Answered above.

2 Likes

I would get an M3 instead and that’s not a Tesla fyi

2 Likes

Which penalizes people who can negotiate and rewards those who can’t. Which is why I hate no haggling dealerships. I like being subsidized by financial fools. :grinning:

4 Likes

Paying

It’s not $570. It’s $760 when you include the down payment.
And no, not worth it, IMO.

2 Likes

He got musked :stuck_out_tongue:

@hulkhogan231 ride it out and come here first for your next list. You would have driven a EQE or EQS instead of a model 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

alright, will definitely hit you guys up when in 2 years. this is my first lease, looks like i got musked

what would u get instead, thanks for your input btw really appreciate it. i will ask for your guys advice next time before leasing

What can you get now vs what can you get 2 years later will be different. The good lease deal vary from month to month depending on dealer’s incentive.

3 Likes

In Texas 36 is almost always better due to sales tax being on sale price.

Tesla has no possibility of lender tax credits for that purpose due to not being able to sell direct. Elon hasn’t swayed Greg on that one yet unfortunately.

1 Like

In general, Teslas are not good candidates for leasing. Since you are in TX, you get taxed on the full sale price of a leased vehicle.

Again, you didn’t get screwed.

5 Likes