Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures (THE CORONAVIRUS LANDFILL THREAD)

Tell me more, tell me more
Did you get very far
Tell me more, tell me more
Like does he have a car

2 Likes

Some BMW residuals going down a point, lease cash down on some models. MF is slightly lower but not enough to offset the former.

2 Likes

Remember when Elon said he was going to make ventilators?

And then make turned into buy ventilators?

And then buy ventilators turned into buy BPAP machines?

6 Likes

Tesla fans are still impressed. What have you done for your country? :grin:

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the Teslarati article on Elon’s favorite koolaid flavor.

2 Likes

You can bet someone’s getting fired for that whoopsie. And it won’t be Father Elon.

To be fair, there are some hospitals adapting CPAP machines for use with patients that need air but don’t need intubated. I doubt they bought them accidentally. It’s just more of a case of Elon’s promises getting in front of his deliveries.

2 Likes

Kinda like the Y being the 3 perfected (Heat pump, drivetrain and battery draw efficiency improvements, more popular and modular form factor)

This guy is all set for the recovery

I was totally thinking Locutus of Borg and then the twist at the end had me gasping (in my mind, and only slightly)!

1 Like

corona got BMW not applying their automatic payments.

Sad part is that many people here can’t do the same thing :sweat_smile:

I think this goes here. Today my son called VW to extend his 2018 Tiguan lease from 24 to 30 months. He now his lease is extended through Dec 2020 (it was a 24 month lease up in June 2020). He said they are doing a program where they are offering a 20% rebate when extending a lease. Trying to get my son to explain, but I am not understanding.

Is it that they will rebate him 20% of what he paid during the extension towards leasing a new VW? Anyone know? Google turned up nothing. Thanks.

Do you think some internet strangers will know better than your own child who has first hand knowledge? :slightly_smiling_face:
Just ask him again

2 Likes

LOL, I don’t think he knows either. Maybe he just heard wrong.

VW is offering him 20% off his current monthly. I received the same offer if I extend the lease for 6 Months

Example: $200/Mo - 20% off = $160/Mo for 6 months.

2 Likes

I bet all those nurses and doctors and EMTs and cops and grocery workers and any other frontline people just get SO PUMPED watching jets fly overhead for 30 seconds (if they have that free time, of course). I bet they all go get giant American flag tattoos and chug a Bud while watching. 'Murica!

4 Likes

It is one thing to show support for first responders, healthcare workers and those on the front lines fighting Covid-19 who are helping to keep us safe.

Why not get them the PPE, test kits and other resources states/governors have been asking for since the beginning of this pandemic? I am glad I live in MA. Politicians at the local and state level have been listening to the health care professionals and taking this pandemic seriously.

Although, our stay at home order is set to be lifted on May 18th, the Governor has created a 17-member advisory board to help come up with a re-opening plan: https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-gov-charlie-baker-announces-covid-19-advisory-group-members.html.

It is easy to blame Congress (the House and the Senate), but the buck should stop at the top. Just saying.

1 Like

Just example man but list is long. Like I said both sides got what they wanted.