Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures (THE CORONAVIRUS LANDFILL THREAD)

You crack me up…

4 Likes

Thanks for the insight! I see your point, been looking to get out of my Nissan, dear car gods PLEASE let the transmission last, into something more reliable. I have like 20k total saved from my job, so I got a 10k offer from Carvana and I guess I’m willing to spend 12k of my liquid savings to upgrade.

Horrible timing though, I’m still in HS and only have to worry about personal spending, but I’m laid off right now, so holding off on a car purchase seems sane, and I can’t argue with experience and first hand numbers.

Once again, this thread is not about you.

1 Like

It’s landfill, corona virus related, and off ramp, I don’t feel like I’m changing the subject,

That’s because the thread was locked, the posts were removed, and the thread was re-opened.

I suspect that the thread was locked up because things were getting political. Just like threads here are always locked up when they get political and off-topic.

While I agree that some of the posts were showing a political bias influenced by “orange man bad-itis”, I don’t think it was from the moderators.

Hey I just presented what I read and believe me i was not planning on replying more. I would have tried to end it with a simple we can agree to disagree. I dislike most politicians but history did not start in 2017 and i blamed everyone without taking a side but I guess that was a no no as well.

So if anybody has a small business i would auggest you check out the SBA loans and grants right now. Not sure how your entity is structured but I assume you could get unemployment too if business is closed. I hope these drugs work and economic activity increases. Stay healthy everyone.

2 Likes

I don’t think you were being unreasonable, other than the conversation getting away from the thread topic.

2 Likes

Abott and J&J announced potential vaccine and rapid test. Lets get it rolling everyone.

I wonder if we are going to see a flurry of activity into quarter end.

But I expect most dealerships are just resigned to seeing how things develop in April. 2 days this month is not really going to move the needle in the big scheme of things.

Personally i’m curious to see if MFs will come down or will the banks take the mortgage approach and claim that due to the increased demand the rates have to stay up (i think real demand will be very low for car loans in the following months but they can always make up a reason). I checked the rates for 15Y loan with my previous refinance lender and could not believe they want 4.5% APR!!! WTF?!!!

The ones where human trials are expected to start in 6 months?

Most of them are already subvented, so your directional is backwards. With two exceptions, the captives aren’t borrowing at the discount window (which is only overnight anyway), and the two that are have standard markups where they play captive.

Yes, that one. Abott rapid test is great too. Better that than chinesr made tests that had a failure rate of 70% in Europe.

Any hope is a good thing.

Try credit union.

I think in 2008, the Ferraris held their value exceptionally well. I think at the end of the day, desirable cars will hold their value (Honda, Toyota, Ferrari). The Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, non performance oriented 3 series, Audis, Mercedes C/E class will all suffer.

Now that it is April 2nd where do you think the leasing market went this month?

Did RV/MF/incentives get better overall?
Was it brand specific?
Did we see more purchase incentives and less lease incentives?
Do you think we will see changes mid month?

What brand.

Meant it as a general question to encourage discussion.

So, any brand!

What’s the best deal can on anything assuming I survive this pandemic? Is there a multi-manufacturer spreadsheet?

Edit: On a serious note Honda has a first-responder rebate now which I think is pretty cool.

Not anymore! 0 new car and 1 used car on the board TODAY! And we are a volume dealer that sells 850 a month.

Nope! Genuinely thought it would be an interesting discussion to see how different manufacturers responded…

BTW, I’m looking at a Jeep Gladiator or Ram 1500. Both of those changed slightly. FCA seems to have increased the amount of VIN specific bonus cash, especially on Rams. They want to move sitting inventory.