Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures (THE CORONAVIRUS LANDFILL THREAD)

Pretty much what I’ve been telling everyone April will be like across the board. The bigger shops have started clamping down especially now with rotating teams of skeleton sales crew now only taking appointments nearby me. (You should know as you’re in my market)

If you get a deal in April it’ll be on trunk cash, not front end loss and even that will be hard fought as damage control mode is in effect.

1 Like

I can’t speak for all the dealers, but for me, it really doesn’t vary by the model.

Extra incentive can be given for the model and bonus for the Salesman to sell it, but that’s about it

1 Like

I mean, I already am going anywhere from $1,250 to $1,500 behind invoice on all the leases anyway and it doesn’t matter. And I see most of the dealers in my area going setting their lease price around the invoice or max $750 -$1,000 behind invoice.

Now, what I am anticipating for Toyota, there has to be an extra incentive, just to move the metals.
So, as I said, if you want to amazing deals, just wait until April. I have already told several people who inquired about a truck this week to wait until beginning April.

1 Like

It’s all up in the air until we hear different and even that seems to change as often as the winds turn. I’m just glad I don’t depend on this to keep the lights on. Stay strong!

1 Like

Thanks, brother! You too!

1 Like

Yet another disadvantage of doing one pay. You don’t get magic hardship deferrals once every ten years.

3 Likes

For a gambling man you could parlay those 3 months into the stock market and potentially pay a years worth of payments. I’m sure these bank ceos take risks like this all the time. Only prob is if the market tanks you likely won’t get a bailout :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So what happens if you have 9 months on your lease now, deffer for 3 months, and then do a pull ahead? Loophole!

Yes, I know it doesn’t work like that.

2 Likes

Now I feel bad for the first finance manager who has to do this.

1 Like

It could…

This is why we can’t have nice things.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok, perhaps I should say it shouldn’t work like that

Speak for yourself Scrooge McScrooge. two trillion dollars is a lot of nice things for a lot of people.

Why stop there?

3 Likes

That’ll get you a half eaten bag of chips

2 Likes

My understanding is it that won’t even get you the empty bag.

1 Like

Most people can’t fathom a trillion dollars. So here’s a video putting it into perspective.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

2 Likes

Well, one does wonder if VWs would sell better in the US if they, you know, produced cars that Americans wanted to drive at prices that Americans are willing to pay…

Some curious quotes in the article:

“We need to rethink production. The discipline which we had in China we do not yet have at our German locations,” he said.

“Only if we, like China, Korea or other Asian states, get the problem under control, then we have a chance to come through the crisis without job losses. It requires a very sharp intervention,” Diess said.

I assume Diess is actually talking specifically about factory issues and not about quarantine/self-isolation issues. And, if Diess really is talking about factory issues, does anyone know what he’s specifically referring to?

1 Like

Trump has officially invoked the defense production act and will require GM to build ventilators.