Decent Deal on 2018 C43 AMG?

After the disastrous lease numbers which a couple of the dealers gave me earlier this week for the Giulia Quadrifoglio, I’m looking at the C43 AMG – both coupe and sedan. For 36/15 on the coupe, I’m being told that the the residual is 51%.

The money factors being quoted to me are 0.00121 for the sedan and 0.00103 the coupe. Residual for the sedan is also being quoted as 56% for 36/15.

For the sedan, I am being offered a selling price of about $55k on a MSRP of about $62k.

For the coupe, I’ve been offered a sales price of about $56,300 on a MSRP of approximately $63,400.

With the above, I’ve been quoted about $740/mo on the sedan and $830/mo on the coupe. This is all with about $2k drive off and inclusive of 7.25% tax.

Any suggestions or pointers on additional discounts on selling price?

Put as many MSD multiple security deposits as you can, should bring the 830 payment to 730…

On the calculator, the payment shows as 750 with tax for sedan. So they are adding some fluff in there for you

No I think they put a little more into it than that, albiet maybe not much more. my dad has had every C AMG product since the c36, and initially I was upset about this new watered down AMG but then I thought about it some more and realize it actually makes a lot of sense. If you go back and look at where the C43 (circa 99) C32 C55 AMG ran in the pack of sports cars, is very much in line with where the c43 sits now…earlier AMG products, until the big 63 lines came out, were more of an enhanced performance sedan with better tires, brakes, somewhat better exhaust, stiffer suspension, and a hand built engine. Now you get drastically different styling, an explosive engine, aggressively tuned suspension, really aggressive brakes, and a very racy exhaust, along with incredible seats. The 63 line isn’t for a country club cruiser, it’s for someone who wants a racecar on the street, and I think the earlier AMGs were more the former so the C43 fills that niche well

You will get murdered on an AMG+15k miles+coupe no matter which way you slice it. Discounts on that car are very hard, best I could eek out was 14% including fleet. MSDs will help but only to a point. You may have better luck on discount simply ordering a unit to your own specs, I found dealers more willing to discount since they had no floor costs to eat.

Depends on the time you have. My local dealers (Colorado) were offering 8% off max and most not close to that. I finally got a 2017 in CA, 12% off, base MF, used MSDs, and got a payment of $595 for 12k a year ($59.5k MSRP and 12k a year). I’m sure most of the serious hackers could have done better, but my wife and I own a business and I probably spent 5-6 hours doing this…anything better have had diminishing returns.

1 Like

I had attempted to get a deal on a c-43 sedan that was a courtesy vehicle or driven by the owner, and had also been in an accident so they had it down about 20% lease payments came to about$400 if I recall correctly

For a lease I’d do that in a heartbeat. Wouldn’t buy it for any amount.

I had told them I was coming into the dealership, and that likely would lease it, I just had not ever sat in one before. It got sold while I was on my way there

Hi,
I am new here. My previous 3 leases (German cars) have been via swapalease. But for AMG C43 with AMG Exhaust, I am thinking of perhaps getting it from a dealer if the deal is right. Are there any dealers that are recommended?
Do we know what is the residual and MF for April or May?

Check the Edmunds forums for residuals and money factor. Obviously depends on lease term/mileage. I have been able to get a few dealers down to 12% off MSRP but most wont bite.

I really like the car as well but it is not a great lease hack.

It isn’t even May yet so how would anyone know what it is?

I didn’t want to post it again in May so assumption was that when someone knows they can reply in May. I should have been more clear.

It’s not a mass produced car so there aren’t a ton of threads here. But there are some and search will yield them.

With anything slightly exotic or performance oriented you’ll sometimes find people who overextended to lease one and now need to get out. Check out craigslist, mbworld classifieds and swapalease.

Just leased a C43.
Don’t think it was a super-hyper deal but was satisfied with it, below the details:

• MRSP: $57695
  • Total drive-off: $4000 (including everything, all inceptions, 1st months, fees, etc)
  • 36m/10k
  • Maintenance package included
  • Montlhy: $589

I believe they are currently more open to negotiations as the 2019 is soon arriving.

But does it have the LED headlamps? :wink:

Any reason why you didn’t do MSDs with the $4k DAS?

Snowman, it DOES NOT!
Based on my other post, you can imagine my disappointment on my first night drive…

I just got a 2019 AMG C43 Coupe with night package the 64 interior light package exhaust package heated seats & steering wheel also has a built in charging pad for iPhone, carbon fiber interior was $65750 got it to $58k. I put with 4K with 1st month dmv fees & maintence + took the insurance for the wheels n tires was 2k got it for $1600 I had lesson learned with my 2015 BMW 435i msport convertible went thru few potholes costly :frowning: …be paying $790 month get it Friday just before Xmas 36/months /12k miles unless u know these salesman you only gonna get what u get bottom line…o