Decent Deal on 2018 C43 AMG?

Yeah I dont really have the time to travel or ship or swap - I totaled my car and this is my last weekend with my 30 day rental.

I dont look at it like $10k down. I look at it like $1350 down, first month payment, and at $7500 investment that Im guaranteed to get back (just got 5k back on MSD from my BMW) that is saving me close to ~$2500 in the course of a lease. I cant get that ROI anywhere else and I do have alot of liquid cash at my disposal

Thats a good idea - I would definitely look into that but how does that work if the car is totaled or stolen? Do I lose that like I would putting money down?

Yeah so mine is 3k more msrp, 3k more miles a month, and $600 less down which is why the payment is $100/more a month. About the same IMO.

I might look into Auto Pay - is that still a thing? How much does that lower the monthly payment on average?

Not sure - it doesnt seem like it. The lowest ive seen is $550 but it was lower msrp, less miles a month, demo car, end of the year sale, etc. I think this is about as good as it gets in S florida. Im sure if I wasnt on a time crunch I could prob go lower but given my circumstances Ive done my best

Thats a good idea - I would definitely look into that but how does that work if the car is totaled or stolen? Do I lose that like I would putting money down?

So get another rental lol. Why are you willing to overpay just because your 30 day rental is ending ā€¦

1 Like

No, a one pay lease is not the same as putting money down. There is no cap cost reduction.

In the event of a total loss, the unearned rent and depreciation would be calculated as a pro-rate and refunded. The only loss would be the pre-paid tax.

My point was that if one is already taking $10k out of pocket(even if most of that is refundable security deposits) and then making payments at $500/mo, why not just pay the whole lease up front for probably another 8 or 9k, especially if thereā€™s an additional savings for one-pay.

I personally dont think Im overpaying. This is the only c43 amg with performance exhaust within a 200 mile radius and judging by the other deals people have gotten, I dont think mine is too far off.

Yeah totally get your point just didnt know how it worked.

Im going to ask about one-pay and Im going to ask about auto-pay for additional savings - thank you!

Autopay discount is no more. One pay is not going to make sense on that high of a payment. Negotiate more discount. There is more meat on that bone.

edit 2020202020202020

Im pretty over it lol its like pulling teeth with florida dealers. Ive gotten them down from $750 to $650 and had them throw in maintenance and a tint but they arent budging on anything more than 13.5% off msrp and they brought down the MF but its still inflated.

For my sanity Iā€™m prob just gonna take the deal as opposed to keep stretching it out days and weeks to save an extra 5-10-20 a month / miss out on the only c43 down here with amg exhaust which is a must have for me.

It would be a different story if I still had until June when my lease was originally up and had the time and patience to go back and forth but honestly my time is worth more than haggling over an additional $15/month at this point

Yeah, the only thing i had an issue with was the marked up money factor. Youā€™re paying to bring the rate down, in my opinion they should start at 0 versus starting at 2 to get you down to -10 instead of -8 (just an example with 10 MSDs).

It does appear that the deals (not just yours), but most C43 deals have gone up in price over the last year. I guess iā€™ll just enjoi my time with the car and get something more basic in 2020, or maybe the C53 will be out by then :smiley:

My comment was in the context of your deal, which is bad, and that you are dropping all that money in MSDs to reduce your finance charge when its basically negated by the dealers mark up whereas you could pick up someone elses leases with no money down, some of which are already at a better monthly to begin with.

From reading your other comments it looks like you are happy to settle having done a pretty limited search only in Florida so it is what it is, glad to hear it has the exhaust though, it would be a crime to lease an AMG without that.

Yeah, the time and effort and patience to look out of state, have it shipped, transfer the lease, etc to me, is not worth the ā€œdealā€ of saving a few bucks a month.

And again I dont see it as dropping money in MSDs since I get it back.

There are better deals and there are worse deals but judging by what other people have leased them for I would say this is run of the mill - not hackr worthy but not a fleece either but thats just me.

But going off your recommendation I will make an account on swapalease and reach out to that guy and see how simple/easy it would be and what total costs would be because youre right - If I can pay the same price a month and not put anything down - why not? Im just worried the deal gets done and there are scratches or just stuff that I cant see in pictures and then Iā€™m on the hook for it when the lease is up. Its almost like Id rather pay for the peace of mine of not having to worry/deal with that?

I have a love hate relationship with this website lol on one hand ive learned ALOT but on another it seems like no matter how good I think I did theres always a ā€œbetter dealā€ out there and it makes me feel like crap on the deal I currently have :sweat_smile:

This one is a nice deal too, seller is giving 2k so payment is under $600/mo with over 11k miles/year

Thats really nice spec but def need 15k/year mileage allowance

If it doesnā€™t have the performance exhaust its no good! You can tell if they do based on the buttons to the right of the touch mouse thing, you will see an icon with two mufflers.

How does its V6 with the performance exhaust compare to the V8 of the C63?
I always thought the C43 is just a C450 with an AMG badge

It got a 9 speed transmission vs. the 7 speed of the c450 and I think some sport tuning that put a bit more torque towards the rear wheels. The exhaust upgrade just gives it the AMG pop and crackle, there is no performance benefit but boy is it fun to listen to. It does not compare to the C63, that car is a beast on a whole different level.

1 Like