Dealer wants to buy my 2019 QX60 - too good to be true?

He has been helpful today and I like to work with good people. Will reach out direct to him. I will hit up a local dealer later today or tomorrow to check out the options and colors in person.

So when its time to build, I will know exactly what I want.

Thanks!

we also provide wholesale freight rates.

Donā€™t be surprised when they donā€™t have much in inventory to look over.

Thereā€™s a gigantic 4xe thread on here if you have specific wrangler questions thatā€™ll probably get you to the right answer much quicker than the corner dealer.

Wow, I need to reach out about my QX60. My lease is done, but Iā€™m extended through late April. Once my 4xe comes in Iā€™d love to sell this and get some cash.

How long can you extend? Was extension process easy?

You can do six extensions, one can be up to six months. For just one month, itā€™s a call & they do it on the spot, but for longer extensions they need to mail paperwork that you sign. Super easy, theyā€™re doing thousands of them because of inventory. I think they think Iā€™m getting another Infiniti, but Iā€™ve never told them that.

I did two extensions, both three months and over the phone with no paperwork. The first rep asked more questions than the second. Just call, eazy peazy.

im in the same boat. have a 2019 QX60 AWD, fully loaded (original sticker was 63k), paying 450/mo. Lease is up March 1, 2022ā€¦we like it but im worried about the equity situation and I dont want to be holding on to this thing when the market goes upside down. Also while it hasnt left us stranded or given us any issues, i feel like the engine is developing some mysterious misfire that the dealer says is ā€œnormalā€ā€¦ It was more frequent in the summer but seems to have stopped. Again hasnt actually been a problem but not sure what it is.

Wife has taken meticulous care of this thing, the paint is perfect, no damage inside or out, its practically brand new, and weā€™re slightly under on miles (33k out of 39k)

Buyout is 34500 + taxes + fees + registration (i just paid it this month), etcā€¦ Not sure what to do. We thought about buying it out but to keep the payment similar to what it is, Iā€™d have to put something like 10k down to keep the payments at or near 450/mo. Wife absolutely wants a 3 row SUV, but MAY be amenable to the 4XE. We have extra cars we can drive, so we can stomach having to order something but I dont know what to do. I really dont know what to do. The market seems like a jungle out there and I dont think 450 a month will get us anything like we had with this QX60. But as everyone mentions here, the market is flooded with them and the equity on these things blow.

What would you do?

First off, forget about the $450 or whatever you were paying in the past.

Itā€™s :100: irrelevant right now.

2 Likes

i gather as much. iā€™d like to keep to about that amount

Unless paying more for a vehicle is a non-issue (it may not be), I would drive one of the other cars until the market settles (which may be a good while, but if you have other options, perhaps utilize them).

Then youā€™ll probably need to adjust your vehicle requirements.

Yeah just drive the other cars

well. the ā€œotherā€ car is a 1994 jeep grand cherokee :smiley: so it isnt exactly something i can haul kids around long term.

Start with getting your car appraised by anyone that can buy it (Iā€™m not sure what Infinitiā€™s third party restrictions are) and find out how much equity you haveā€¦.

But it sounds like these qx60s donā€™t have a ton of equity so your best bet will most likely be extending the lease.

yeah the only place that can buy infiniti leases is the dealers, or possibly the leasehakr service on the front page. they didnt offer me much.

Thanks! Can you also confirm with extensions actually the payoff also reduces?

Same here: QX60 Luxe, lease exp April 2022.
$28k balance, went to Infinity dealer they offer $31k.
Did KBB, offer $34.5k, Nissan dealer told me they will honor KBB price, they did, almost: $33.9k, not bad. They paid same day and lease was released, got check next day.
TX, Dallas

4 Likes

I believe it does but canā€™t confirm as I had a wreck and the vehicle was basically a lemon so didnā€™t pay much attention.

1 Like

** Update - 12/27/21**
Just dropped my car off and pick up the check. My dealer looked around, drove for 5 min and said the car condition is better than he expected. He handed me the check and and I signed two papers and walked out. All happened less than 20 min. He said used car market is really hot now and asked me to spread the words that they will but any cars. Anyway, thank you all of you for great advices!

2 Likes