Dealer wants to buy my 2019 QX60 - too good to be true?

Nobody will do that sight unseen. That’s not realistic.

Regarding your “lowball”, if it’s a qx60, that’s not a real thing. These things are not worth nearly what the third parties put on them the last few weeks, and prices on them have pulled back accordingly since Thanksgiving. All of my qx60 customers from 3 years ago are reaching out claiming they have equity because that’s all they see online, but then they run the vin by Carvana, etc, and they realize their qx60s are worthless.

1 Like

I figured it would be near impossible but I would hate to be that guy bringing his car in to find out it was just to get him at the dealer.

I got quotes above my payoff for my qx60 from vroom, carvana etc…

I was thinking of jumping on the wrangler 4xe deal but would prefer to have the dealer buyout my qx60 and get a good deal on the wrangler for delivery before year end on a 4xe… I am about to reachout to some dealers with 4xe’s in stock to see what kind of deal I can get.

Looking for some guidance on my scenario…

If I buy out my lease, I have to pay the sales tax on the buyout price (NJ), but If I can get a dealer to buy it out, they are just paying the payoff amount (no sales tax) because they are going to resell the vehicle and the end buyer pays sales tax in their state. Any incentive to have a dealer buyout my lease during the process of getting a new vehicle or best to keep the transactions separate? I feel that when there are to many moving parts, its in the dealers favor when working the numbers up.

Vroom and carvana numbers for qx60s are nonsense 99% of the time. They will inevitably retrade you. No, your lease buyout is payoff + tax + purchase option + dealer doc + NJ registration. You also won’t really be able to sell the car until title arrives, which is about a month in NJ. By doing so, you bear the risk of that transaction still being on the table when you are able to transact.

I can tell you that several people who held off on selling their lease return in November when the market was on fire, only to reach back out in December were deeply disappointed, as December has pulled back dramatically, especially on Infiniti, as they flooded the market.

Ok good to know, I was thinking about getting out of my lease when it was really hot but didn’t want to jump out to soon. I guess I am one of those that wish they sold when it was red hot… lol.

Do you think its worth waiting on the 2022 4XE because of the potential increase in EV credits or worth pulling the trigger now on an instock 2021 4XE with current credits IF I can find one in stock?

I will have to look, I thought you also offer jeep’s. I haven’t been on the forums since I got my QX60. Just playing catch up now.

There isn’t any.

How is it looking for delivery on a 2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara before year end?

i have no idea. my dealer does orders only - there’s nothing in stock. maybe you’ll find someone who has inventory on the lot and will sell for msrp.

The BBB is dead.

1 Like

Ah that sucks, all of you guys have your finger on the pulse. I am just digging through the threads before I start my day today. First time back in years.

Thanks!

1 Like

There should still be a $7,500 ev credit through CCAP. Speculation is it will continue into 2022. Ordering a 4xe is still one of the most appealing deals out there.

My goal is to get 2 vehicles before year end if possible. A replacement for my qx60 and I have to get a honda crv, which from looking at stock online, seems impossible at the moment unless I wait for a build date in end of january 2022.

I am going to look for the thread about the wrangler 4xe deal to see the breakdown. I would have to see if there is any conquest or loyalty (ram) available to stack on.

I am about to hit the road and will be off the rest of the week as of tomorrow.

I am guessing after we play catch up in 2022, hoping the great deals of back in the day return to more vehicles. I knew I should have started sooner!

There is not.

If you need a vehicle by the end of the year, a 4xe isn’t the right choice. There are fantastic deals to be had on them, but they require ordering, which is going to take some time.

1 Like

I just called a local dealer that has stock, anything in stock is over msrp… Thanks but no thanks… I rather wait it out.

There’s a reason we’re all ordering them

1 Like

I guess I will be ordering one too. Will give it a fair chance tomorrow to reach out to dealers with stock and spend an hour and see what happens. If no luck, I will be in the same boat with everyone else.

Will need to work on getting out of the qx60.

I just bought a stock unit while I wait on my orders. It took several dealers snd several weeks.

Try to find one showing a small discount with no add ons. Then negotiate an increased MF for larger discount.

After that order one and flip when your custom build arrives.

You’re going to waste your time.

The only value in-stock vehicles have is taking a higher price for a quick flip. If you’re looking at it for a vehicle to actually drive, don’t bother.

1 Like

I am not looking to flip vehicles… So for the sake of saving time, which broker has been the best to work with for a Jeep for the northeast region, I am in NJ. I would prefer to get my vehicle from a local dealer as it does help at times when it comes to service. My local ram dealer was giving preferential treatment to customers of that dealership.

I believe @aronchi has the closest dealer to you, if memory serves.