Dealer refused to sell car at MSRP

Strange experience today. Test drove the G63 AMG and liked it. Dealer wanted $50K markup over MSRP $180K. Was ready to drive off at MSRP but dealer wouldn’t budge. Actually offered MSRP if we got 2 G Wagons :laughing:

Quoted MF 0.003 and res 56% on 36/10. Wanted $50K markup for custom order as well (4-6 mo wait).

Whats the deal with this car? Any tips on getting one at MSRP? Could someone please post current MF and Res for 36/10 (94122). Thank you.

You won’t get a G63 at MSRP.

7 Likes

@legendsauto could probably help with a G63 lease

Yea not if he’s expecting an MSRP deal :joy:

OP If you’re serious about getting a G63 and are willing to be reasonable then contact me

Serious yes but I also like a good deal otherwise I wouldn’t be on this forum :slight_smile: depends on MF, res and how long the wait is. I dont mind ordering custom and waiting.

Great! Start your search again in 2023

These cars are selling for 30-50k over MSRP, most of the time with 50-100 points packed in the money factor, so why the hell would anyone sell you one for much less? A “Good” deal is 30 over at buy rate, if that works for you I have one available

20 Likes

OK. Can you please PM me the details and I’ll consider it? Thanks.

You have to pay to play

5 Likes

Just curious, but the bank would actually approve a lease deal with $30k markup? That is a massive risk for them and a massive loss if the buyer defaults. What gives?

1 Like

No different than Stinger, Telluride and Palisades being sold thousands over MSRP albeit not 10s of thousands.

Chances are the person that’s considering leasing a 180k sticker AMG have good enough credit and enough income and assets that the bank doesn’t really care.

4 Likes

I would think if you could afford a car at this level you would understand the concept of supply and demand. There are way more people who want one then what the dealers have, hence the markup.

On another note I will never understand the G wagon it’s ugly and obscenely over priced. There are about 100 cars I would rather have for that money. At least now it has a nice interior it was even more absurd before the interior remodel.

14 Likes

Stinger hasn’t sold for over MSRP in a long time. They are offering heavy discounts on those now. I am sure there are still some cray Kia dealers out there asking over MSRP but you can easily get one for less.

[Absolutely, 100% not directed at OP]

This more closely matches my encounters with people in real life:

1 Like

Lol I was actually waiting to see a G63 post on here…

This is the wrong car to try and hack, there’s no “lease hacker” deal to be had.
They sell them 30-50K over and move them with no issues.
I wouldn’t even be worried about MF or Residual lol

1 Like

IMHO it’s the ultimate cult classic. I personally like that most people will never get it or like the looks. It’s the closest to a road ready German Panzer. Moreover I am lucky to have a wife that likes it too :wink:

I’ve heard that if you can wait you can custom order at msrp. Going to make some calls. Will keep everyone posted.

Curious - at this range ($180K) what else would you consider?

Let me get you into a Type-R instead if you like paying over MSRP!

14 Likes

Obviously, YMMV. If I had the means to easily afford this, I’d totally love to drive one for a couple of years (and I’m not generally a fan of SUVs). IMHO, the G-Wagon is definition of bada$$ery.

1 Like

Had to google that :slight_smile: my second car was a civic manual. Had decent zip.

1 Like

30k is paid upfront