Dealer document before flying out

lol, that’s gonna be a long walk

2 Likes

Get that hitching thumb ready

1 Like

I wouldn’t get on a plane for that. Ask for an email from GM outlining the deal terms if this is how the deal sheet prints out.

1 Like

Agreed. You need to have final numbers agreed upon. Even run credit if you absolutely have to (you might right now or within oct, it counts as the same).

There was one time where I did fly without having a sheet or final numbers in front of me, but that CA was extremely open and created a strong trust with me.

What you are showing does not show confidence for you, I’d hold on another weekend or something.

1 Like

They are clearly f#%@ with you. Pardon my words, but if I would have received that sheet, I would have told em to roll it up…
They are clearly playing games with you. Ask them a final time for a proper sheet and purchase order with your name n info on it. If they still play just move on to another dealer.

2 Likes

Also for an out of state deal, do not trust an email. Has to be an official document with the dealers name and proper vehicle information ( vin model year etc) and customers information as well.
They need to realize that you are making a considerable effort to fly up and give them business. A proper dealer would not hesitate at all.
Btw check their reviews on dealerrater.com and other websites as well. This is a joke of a sheet

2 Likes

Yeah this sheet is garbage. why can’t they send a draft lease agreement?

bait and switch, seen it enough with cdjr dealers to tell you that’s what you got here.

1 Like

Just blows my mind why they would want that heat. Last thing i want is for someone to fly in and then deal with a pissed off customer when they find out it’s not legit.

1 Like

cdjr worst in the business, welcome to sh*tty dealers 101 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: where cdjr dealerships teach the class.

I have said it plenty, I went through almost every cdjr dealer with a charger hc back in 2017 and it was the most unpleasant experience, so many bait and switch, some people on here get mad when bmw dealers dont meet their expectation, well they never had the awful experience that is 95% of cdjr dealerships, straight up scum bags.

3 Likes

I don’t think I ever had a good experience with a dealership. There is always something. I guess I won’t be catching that flight. Good thing another dealer 5 hours away decided to match close.

1 Like

I had good experiences with a lot of dealerships, not everyone is bad some are straight up honest with you if they think you 100% know what you’re doing. it’s when people don’t know what they’re doing that 99% of dealerships will take advantage of you, the small mom and pop shops seem to be the best from my experience, sometimes they give you a steal and sometimes not but almost everytime they will tell you if what you’re getting from another dealership is something you should jump on. The big ones like hendrick, autonation, etc. etc. just act like a**holes a lot.

That’s just my experience maybe it looks like I know what I’m doing or maybe dealing with vehicles where they don’t wanna fck around with me and get me pssed off. I don’t know what it is but what I can tell you is I let everybody know I’m not setting foot in the dealership and if it’s over 250 miles I’m getting it shipped even if I end up driving it back.

1 Like

I guess really don’t sound like what I’m doing…

1 Like

Helpful thread - thank you

1 Like

I once lived in a small town and nearest city with any competition was 3 hours away. Took an effing greyhound, then a taxi, to goto the dealer to literally just pick-up the car. And voila, the GM told me that the salesperson was new and gave you the wrong deal, its not as good, blah blah. And that time, I have to decide do I wanna pay $1000 more, or do I wanna take a greyhound back and goto some other dealer some other time and repeat this shit cycle?

2 Likes

Exactly, there are good dealerships, although they maybe few. I had some sales rep at Alfa dealership, if she ever went to a different brand, I would go to her rather than shop the car. But unfortunately, those are rare.

SoFla dealers frantically trying to figure out how to add $22580.00 in extra dealer and 3rd party tag and license fees to a $37,000 vehicle.

That quote sheet :rofl::scream::hot_face:

2 Likes

In theory, this would work. I know some dealers that won’t do that.

Ask for a signed buyers order.

1 Like

That’s what I asked for on my i3 deal. They suggested sending me the paperwork which was fine by me - I figured they wanted it punched by a certain point ahead of my pickup.

You are asking for a show of good faith from them. The least you can do is the same. Make sure it’s in writing and is refundable if things fall apart. They are concerned you aren’t serious for some reason.

I offered and my dealer said they’d collect payment when I picked up.

2 Likes