Dealer damaged my leased car....What do I do?

Did they provide a loaner? If so, what is it?

A little odd to edited your OP and remove everything about not being aware it had 4K miles on it and said you assumed it was “new”. That’s kind of important to the whole story and now it’s “scratches and a dent” you didn’t notice.

Who doesn’t look over a $40-50K “used” vehicle with a fine tooth comb before legally committing to take it?

You seem to want to completely avoid any blame in this situation.

2 Likes

Yeah I edited that because that’s not the issue. I was compensated for the 4K miles. And the scratches could be fixed with a detail. That’s why I bought it.

The CONCERN: they damaged my car while it was being detailed. They had to replace the WHOLE front bumper…

This isn’t the place to get any constructive advice about an issue like this. Best bet would be to contact a lawyer and sort it out through them.

1 Like

For the third time, do you have a loaner from them? You leased a loaner so a comparable replacement should be easy to provide.

How is a dent something addressed with a simple detail? Your story is all over the place. You should have said I’ll leave a refundable deposit, and will sign the contract and pick up the car when that’s done, not drive a damaged car off the lot and make an appointment for 2 weeks later.

I got a loaner, same car. This car has an amg night package with 21 inch wheels.

dent can be fixed during the detail… I’m not really concerned of what happened when I bought the car because I’m aware of that and they were small scratches. The damaged that occurred in their possession was much more substantial

So the loaner that you are driving now is better than the car you leased? I’d let them keep it as long as they want lol.

2 Likes

Ok, so you have the same (but better) car with free mileage currently? Sounds terrible.

Bumpers get replaced all the time since they can easily crack and not uncommon for cars to get damaged at dealerships.

It’s a leased car, so unless you planned on buying it out at the end, it doesn’t seem like a big deal and just a slight inconvenience. A $300 gift card seems like a nice gesture for the situation.

1 Like

No mine is AMG lol. Theirs is a base GLC

I’d be sad lol

The car is already leased, you can’t simply just give it back. The damage sustained is no different than having the valet (for example) damage the car. If a valet damaged your car would you ask the dealership to return it? You can try to get compensation but that is all you will get.

1 Like

^^^ This! And also, you have a loaner with unlimited miles. Who cares, just keep driving it till they fix it all back. You have the same identical car as a loaner. Accidents happen everywhere, so let them take time to fix it and in the mean time, put miles on the existing one.

Oh and btw, you negotiated 20% off on your lease, without checking how many miles it had? Or even looking at pics on dealers webpage?

1 Like

Getting a loaner from them indefinitely basically negates the purpose of this whole thread. Take it and run.

1 Like

I would never buy/lease a car with dings/scratches on it regardless of it being detailed. Dealer should of handled that before putting it on the lot. Sounds like u were after the payment more then anything. The fact that MB is taking care of “their” issues is great, but the fact their giving u the run around for a month I would be def upset. Reach out to corporate and see what they can do like others have suggested.

which gift store is that?

Take the $300 from the dealership, and also whatever MB Financial gives you. I agree you should get partially reimbursed for driving a lesser car. Don’t do any service there again.

Read this linked thread and weep friend.
a) damage happens and the dealer can fix it. That’s what insurance is for
b) make sure you do not buy this car and do not ignore issues such as alignment or squeaks.
c) Enjoy the $300, the loaner and keep pestering them to fix your lease
d) Keep the lawyers out of it - I don’t see unlawful behavior - poor manners and egregious stonewalling, yes but no illegal stuff (I am not a lawyer just an ex-trusted hacker)

And we should trust you why exactly?

You get the advice you pay for …

That could be dangerous from an ex-trusted hackr who sounds a little bitter. Mods should disclose it in your handle.:grin:

2 Likes

You really love my situation and love taking a personal interest in it, I swear you are connected to commonwealth. But I do think it’s time for you to move on though.

This thread hurts my head, lock it down

1 Like