Dealer canceled my order, broker ghosted me and is not refunding fee

Now I see what you did there. The plot thickens

I missed this at first too…reread the Haiku and look at the beginning letters, and not the substance

4 Likes

LU users and multiple brokers are on the same page that this single broker needs to concentrate on existing business and be responsive instead of chasing the greed of new ones without servicing existing clients that have already paid.

Yeah, I saw what he did lol

Bingo. I have been following this thread from the time it was posted, as well as the prior thread where someone else had similar issues with this broker. With the current state of the car market, I could understand a few deals falling through, but not the lack of communication and numerous excuses to issue a simple refund. It took the admins of LH essentially threatening to ban them from conducting further business on this platform unless the broker responded, and even then, the response was nothing but excuses, deflection, and aggression.

I’m just a customer here, not involved in the auto industry at all, but I also work in a customer oriented field, and the broker’s response was infuriating to read. Until today, the broker has completely ignored numerous similar complaints on this forum, and even now they have taken minimal accountability, instead continuing with the excuses. Who does that?! This is their reputation, and they can’t be bothered to defend it in an honorable manner?

Less than 12 hours after issuing a forced half-baked response on this thread, the broker linked to a Shared Deal in their own review thread. I think that says a lot.

Sorry, but I’m not interested in doing business with someone like that, someone incapable of owning up to well warranted criticism. Luckily there are many other stellar brokers on here, it’s just a shame because a potential customer reading this thread may now be wary of using LH brokers in the future.

17 Likes
2 Likes

Agreed but sometimes life happens also. I have my own business and thrive on customer service as I am no where near the cheapest. When we had our baby, I was hit with so many bad reviews since we had to stay few extra days. Most of them changed their reviews and others didn’t. Part of the game

That was a great show! Very very underrated!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say securing the deal is the only value a broker provides. It’s effectively the only part that matters, though, if the deal doesn’t go through due to an issue on the broker’s side.

I think there is plenty of value in the basic required services alone (communication with the client and with the dealer in lieu of the client). Some people are happy to pay a nominal fee for the convenience alone. Different story for experienced hackrs, but there’s also potential value in the supposedly pre-negotiated deals and protection from scummy dealer tactics. This could save first-time or otherwise unlearned leasers thousands. To be fair to all brokers, the pre-negotiated deals were basically always honored from what I saw before the shortages started getting bad. However, the value of any services rendered is multiplied by 0 if the broker can’t honor the deal in the end. And any deposits or fees should be refunded in a timely manner, with an appropriately apologetic tone.

1 Like

Underrated?!? Isn’t it widely viewed as one of the top TV shows of all time?

We know who you are, DJ. There was a reason why you changed your name after a few years on LH.

6 Likes

I’m not an og here so i don’t know the history but i find it disconcerting that there is an underlying fact that it’s just under the surface yet seems to be only referred in whispers.

In this thread and others reused to this broker and her issues, there is a mention of a “partner”. Multiple assumptions of who is at fault. But nobody comes out and says it.

As an outsider this smells like a front. Someone who may have not had the best reputation got her to be the front and now is burning her reputation as well.

I can only guess what’s happening but it undermines trust, not just in this broker but in the community. It appears that the forum is happy to look the other way on this.

Someone clarify and set me straight. What’s the deal with the hidden partner that shall not be named? Why would the forum allow that kind of setup?

6 Likes

I would like to know too !

3 Likes

I don’t have a clue, but while we wait for a real answer. A quick Google search seems to link dmvlease to bmwdavid. The name David was posted on this thread a couple times, and bmwdavid doesn’t seem to post on this site anymore.

I am bored while waiting for my daughter’s karate lesson to end, in the meanwhile I might be making up conspiracy theories.

9 Likes

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

21 Likes

This thread is becoming very comedic very quick.

Dog days of summer really grinding folks.

Also this price squeeze really took any sort of hacking away thus we are left to shoot the shit or watch our favorite p-stars

2 Likes

So a terrible salesperson but a great dealership? I called this guy multiple times, left voice messages, but never got a response.

1 Like

He used to do deals here without broker fee since he worked for dealer. I’d like to know what happened and why we need to whisper his name

8 Likes

my head hurts.

6 Likes

He who must not be named

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Please keep your wagers on Draft Kings :crown: